QVC title music

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bevholt

Registered Shopper
Hello Everyone!

I do hope you can help me?

Someone suggested I should try here, as there many people who work in the industry. I'm trying the find the name of Composer and or Publisher of a piece of music.

The piece in question is the classic theme ‘Q-V-C" used 1993 - 2002.

The theme that was very vocal at the end singing ‘Q-V-CCCC’
5 months I have been hunting this music and had no joy with either QVC UK or USA, they seem to be paperless and tapeless these days, I then contacted PRS who sent me totally the wrong information, then they sent me to SKY Publishers who also had the wrong information.
I do not believe a piece of music could either get lost or go missing as QVC have told me, someone must know about this music, just a shame the actual holders of the music don’t know anything. Ironic really considering QVC used the music for almost 10 years, 10 Years of TV History gone!

If anyone could help or push me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas
Bev

Hello Everyone!

I do hope you can help me?

Someone suggested I should try here, as there many people who work in the industry. I'm trying the find the name of Composer and or Publisher of a piece of music.

The piece in question is the classic theme ‘Q-V-C" used 1993 - 2002.

The theme that was very vocal at the end singing ‘Q-V-CCCC’
5 months I have been hunting this music and had no joy with either QVC UK or USA, they seem to be paperless and tapeless these days, I then contacted PRS who sent me totally the wrong information, then they sent me to SKY Publishers who also had the wrong information.
I do not believe a piece of music could either get lost or go missing as QVC have told me, someone must know about this music, just a shame the actual holders of the music don’t know anything. Ironic really considering QVC used the music for almost 10 years, 10 Years of TV History gone!

If anyone could help or push me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas
Bev

Bev, you could always try asking some of the older presenters on their blog. Someone like Julia may be able to help you.

It may be that a musician/composer was simply paid to provide the music for the channel idents and stings based upon that short theme for general use. There would have been a one-off payment for the composition in which case there would probably be no royalties due. So it might not be that surprising that no-one knows. That being said we once (for a DVD) paid to use already composed and recorded royalty-free music by a then, unknown, composer named Patrick Hawes. Now that same piece of music (expanded and re-arranged) is often played on Classic FM and is also performed by Hayley Westernra! So that mystery composer could now be quite well known ...

Hi guys,

thanks for your help so far. QVC did look for the master, they found something on reel2reel tape which they sent me, I then had it converted and it was some sung ident music that Im not even shaw QVC ever even used, it was no doubt scrapped - though listening to them I can see why! They did sound cheap lol

I am waiting for SKY to get back to me with an update, but so far - not looking good. QVC USA were kind enough to send me some VT footage of old idents to use in my project, but that music seems a bit of a mystory. I think TBH I have peed QVC off a little, but the fact is they should still have logs for music they use and thats my point of argument with them, though PRS are looking into that.

Gawd whys it so hard to find a piece of music WILKI calls Iconic lol

Thanks again guys and whatever else you can come up with would be great!

Best Wishes
Bev

Hi Bev, I bet you probably have already thought about this, but have you looked on youtube? I hope somebody here can help you. I hope you don't mind me being nosey, but what project are you working on? sounds grrovy! (please just ignore the question if you don't want to/can't say). Welcome to the forum by the way!!!:mysmilie_348:

SS I have just caught up with this thread and I was just going to ask the same question. It's uncanny.

Hiya,

I had a rummage around and it might be worth contacting Universal Music Publishing, there is a cue listed from a library catalogue (which this ident will be) and it's published by them. They should be able to check their database and if it's library they should also be able to license you a copy. Unfortunately there are tons of cues listed under the title 'QVC' so you'd need to find out exactly what QVC called it as this is how they will have registered it with PRS. Not sure what Sky would have to do with it, they're not a publisher or collection society and would just report to PRS on what was used. SUppose they might have the ident name if it can't be found elsewhere.

hope that helps!

Tx

Hi Bev, I bet you probably have already thought about this, but have you looked on youtube? I hope somebody here can help you. I hope you don't mind me being nosey, but what project are you working on? sounds grrovy! (please just ignore the question if you don't want to/can't say). Welcome to the forum by the way!!!:mysmilie_348:

Hey - what I am doing is a part of my uni course and for my TV production I am looking back at 16 years of shopping telly, it’s a kind of timeline of how shopping TV has progress over the years - QVC do play a huge part in it, hence I am looking for that music. I did try PRS and they gave me a contact for a composer, though I spoke with him and he wasn’t they guy. PRS also told me SKY published the music (maybe sky has something to do with the channel SATV Publishers there known as). I have just contacted like a previous member said some of the old QVC presenters - they might know! QVC Production dept don't hold copies owing to the fact they went tapeless last year.

I think it’s a piece of cheesy history QVC would rather forget, the days of alarm clocks and big boy's toys - They seem to think of themselves as the 'Harrods' of TV shopping.

Must admit, they guys in the US are really nice, a couple over here in production have been a great help, the others just kept telling me one thing to another and sending me back and forth.

A collector I contacted sent me a ton of early QVC stuff, menus, beds etc - he doesn’t have the theme, well not great quality he said.

Oh well, I will get there in the end (me hopes)

Thanks guys

Bev x

hehe, but you all seem a really nice bunch and tbh have been more help than QVC so far!

Hey - what I am doing is a part of my uni course and for my TV production I am looking back at 16 years of shopping telly, it’s a kind of timeline of how shopping TV has progress over the years - QVC do play a huge part in it, hence I am looking for that music. I did try PRS and they gave me a contact for a composer, though I spoke with him and he wasn’t they guy. PRS also told me SKY published the music (maybe sky has something to do with the channel SATV Publishers there known as). I have just contacted like a previous member said some of the old QVC presenters - they might know! QVC Production dept don't hold copies owing to the fact they went tapeless last year.

I think it’s a piece of cheesy history QVC would rather forget, the days of alarm clocks and big boy's toys - They seem to think of themselves as the 'Harrods' of TV shopping.

Must admit, they guys in the US are really nice, a couple over here in production have been a great help, the others just kept telling me one thing to another and sending me back and forth.

A collector I contacted sent me a ton of early QVC stuff, menus, beds etc - he doesn’t have the theme, well not great quality he said.

Oh well, I will get there in the end (me hopes)

Thanks guys

Bev x

That sounds interesting. You should get plenty of material from reading the forum:mysmilie_61:

it has been quite intresting to do, the research was fun, hard at times, though most channels and publishers have been great with me - QVC USA are a great bunch!

Never ask QVC UK about music -
a) very time consuiming
b) they seem to know very little about the music they air, which PRS found quite alarming. They told me they should have all logs, I thought it was just major channels, but PRS says 'all channels' must log music thats been used etc.

Some of the music that collector sent me takes me back - the old menu music was quite jazzy for the time lol

xx

Last edited:
Ahh, I thought so, Bev. Sounds like a great idea for a uni project. I hope your lecturers will be sympathetic to your topic, I can imagine media studies peeps being very critical of QVC and all it stands for... On the other hand, if you fancy a keen audience for your work, well, you know where to find us!!!:mysmilie_17:

hehe - thanks for the TV-ARK clip, Its not allowed Im afraid - we're not allowed to use any audio or video from the net, instant fail otherwise. We have to prove how we got clips, videos, audio etc. I have hundreds from QVC so that'll be intresting reading lol.

Once its all done and I will be more than happy to post a link on YT of it for you guys

Best Bev

Latest posts

Back