QVC Parts with BTY Group

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I reckon QVC would have some way of censoring "live" chats, otherwise no guest would want to answer to the general public who might not even have bought whatever item and want to know why it's so expensive or whatever.

The censorship is, fundamentally, ignoring any tricky questions. It is an impossibility, ultimately, to answer every one asked. QVC would use this, if necessary, as an excuse for not replying to a question. Realistically, they could be telling the truth.

I`d like to see different presenters doing webchats not just DF.

That is an excellent point! Have wondered why there are not more presenters involved on these chat things and not just Debbie - how on earth does she find the time too??? :mysmilie_48:

After all the calls for everything to be on the main FB page only to make it fair for everyone, for BTY members not to be given exclusive access to info/offers, and for DF not to keep promoting the group/page on shows she presented, I wonder what has suddenly made QVC act?

Social Media can be a good thing but why do so many FB groups and why the need to be a closed group/s?? Everything should be in the open, especially when you are dealing with a large company, such as QVC who has the market force of television too!! DON'T GET IT OTHERWISE!!! :mysmilie_8:

Social Media can be a good thing but why do so many FB groups and why the need to be a closed group/s?? Everything should be in the open, especially when you are dealing with a large company, such as QVC who has the market force of television too!! DON'T GET IT OTHERWISE!!! :mysmilie_8:

I think that posts to an open page such as the main QVC FB page can appear on your friends' news feeds but if you post in a closed group only people on the group will see it. Maybe people don't want everyone to see their posts about QVC? However I can see that constantly plugging BTY on QVC only for people to be refused membership so they cannot post or to be blocked so they cannot even see the group will create resentment. If BTY is not promoted on QVC then it becomes simply a group which can do as its admin please. Up to now BTY seems to have been having the best of both worlds in that it had repeated promotion on air yet was selective as to who joined.

That is an excellent point! Have wondered why there are not more presenters involved on these chat things and not just Debbie - how on earth does she find the time too??? :mysmilie_48:

debbies children are all grown up and shes divorced so she has the time i suppose.

I think that posts to an open page such as the main QVC FB page can appear on your friends' news feeds but if you post in a closed group only people on the group will see it. Maybe people don't want everyone to see their posts about QVC? However I can see that constantly plugging BTY on QVC only for people to be refused membership so they cannot post or to be blocked so they cannot even see the group will create resentment. If BTY is not promoted on QVC then it becomes simply a group which can do as its admin please. Up to now BTY seems to have been having the best of both worlds in that it had repeated promotion on air yet was selective as to who joined.

Seems to cause some confusion for people this BTY group thingy!! Seems to be mainly the same names asking stuff or maybe that's the idea, who knows?? :mysmilie_12:

All this just reminds me why I don't do Facebook or Twitter, these sites now seem to even be causing trouble between the girls at work I've noticed, when they start falling out over something someone has posted, (or is reported to have said more like, whether it's interpreted rightly or wrongly). Just exhausting.

Now here is a question?

I used to have a nose on BTY and many many times BTY members(they went in groups), invited to QVC to meet guest presenters and presenters. No one on the official QVC page ever seem to mention the wonderful time they had at QVC headquarters and all the lovely people they met that day.

It actually looked like DF and her bestie bringing BTY members to meet and greet quite a lot.

Part of me thinks, great this is good news but another part thinks this will just what the BTY group members want. VIP trips will continue without outsiders knowledge and DF will achieve godlike status she so obviously craves and they will deaf to any criticism or other opinions and feel like the elite, sadly sums up the state of this country IMO.

Part of me thinks, great this is good news but another part thinks this will just what the BTY group members want. VIP trips will continue without outsiders knowledge and DF will achieve godlike status she so obviously craves and they will deaf to any criticism or other opinions and feel like the elite, sadly sums up the state of this country IMO.

VIP trips, what's this??? Been with QVC since day dot and NEVER been invited for a tour or even the Beauty Bashes - would like to go one day, maybe!!? :mysmilie_12:

What Glittergirl!!!! You mean you never went to lunch with Sharon Harvey and Tova on her last visit???

Who's S Harvey anyway, does she work for QVC? Or is this the same person everyone mentions on here, that talks to everyone on Fbook and becomes their friends, lololololo! :mysmilie_15:

Well this is a turn up for the books, a definite flying pig moment indeed, Donna255!!!

The recent debacle on Q's FB page with the BTY 'blogger' taking offence to a perfectly reasonable question and deleting posts must have sealed the deal - no more Q freebies for the 'blogger' methinks!!!!

I notice this thread began almost a year ago. Seems not a lot has changed whatever Q say, there are still the secret, private chats going on which anyone who isn't a member of BTY misses out on.

Someone who did belong to said groups in another group pasted where certain admin and QVC presenter looking for people to put their names down to trail problems for QVC!!!

You have heard of the so called independent customer panel who get free stuff to try on behalf of QVC?

Well it seems they may now be exclusively for BTY and Back To Beauty worshippers.

Shows you how deceitful QVC are, well we all know that, if they think for one second they'd get an unbiased review from someone who was given an item for free? Do they really think someone on the "panel" will really say that they didn't like something at the risk of not getting any more freebies? Hilarious! :mysmilie_15:

Someone who did belong to said groups in another group pasted where certain admin and QVC presenter looking for people to put their names down to trail problems for QVC!!!

You have heard of the so called independent customer panel who get free stuff to try on behalf of QVC?

Well it seems they may now be exclusively for BTY and Back To Beauty worshippers.

They're going to track problems? That's what QVC Customer Services are for, I would hope.

Everything about QVC at the moment is a joke. Those calling the brexit referendum an omnishambles obviously haven't dealt with QVC...

QVC clearly aren't interested in getting a genuine spectrum of opinions about anything... happy to stay in an echo-chamber where group-think prevails. All that will do is magnify the delusion that everyone loves QVC and all the products it sells, and nobody has an issue with refund delays, P&P charges, inadequate presentations, rude presenters and all the rest. QVC are becoming the turkey that voted for Christmas...

Another Albert Einstein quote seems appropriate:
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

They're going to track problems? That's what QVC Customer Services are for, I would hope.

Everything about QVC at the moment is a joke. Those calling the brexit referendum an omnishambles obviously haven't dealt with QVC...

QVC clearly aren't interested in getting a genuine spectrum of opinions about anything... happy to stay in an echo-chamber where group-think prevails. All that will do is magnify the delusion that everyone loves QVC and all the products it sells, and nobody has an issue with refund delays, P&P charges, inadequate presentations, rude presenters and all the rest. QVC are becoming the turkey that voted for Christmas...

Another Albert Einstein quote seems appropriate:
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

You know, the more I read about QVC and Facebook, the gladder I am that I don't partake. I get annoyed enough hearing about some of the shenanigans second-hand, I'd probably go bananas if I was on there myself.

QVC seem to be a masterclass in how NOT to use social media... it seems to have been completely hi-jacked by certain elements who are determined to impose their world-view on all and sundry. How very depressing.

Must confess, I was gutted to discover this thread was originally started a year ago - guess someone bumped it, but I really thought the BTY nonsense had finally been knocked on the head :(

Q's FB is an embarrassment, although they seem to have FINALLY sacked off the ridiculous mystery shopper questions - otherwise it's the trite phrases trotted out by the Q mods "clear disappointment" (vs not clear, hunh???) "never our intention..." and the most common one, we have absolutely nothing in front of us except the Q website and a script and therefore we are entirely unable to assist so "please call CS on..." - what's the ****** point of the FB page if they can't help solve problems???!??

Latest posts

Back