QVC P&P . . . Elemis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ginger

Registered Shopper
Would someone please explain to me why anyone would buy from QVC who are selling the Elemis Think Pink PCMC 100ml for £99 + £5.95 p&p. It is available from the Elemis site (time to spa) for £99 FREE p&p plus a free gift.

I think it is time QVC reviewed p&p charges . . . . . . .

There are probably still quite a lot of older customers who still don't shop online so are oblivious.

With respect -

loveallthingsitalian - if you are buying this item the mbg would not be a consideration

dunmowdizzy - so, older customers who do not shop on line. Relevance of your comment? QVC & time to spa are both on line

With respect -

loveallthingsitalian - if you are buying this item the mbg would not be a consideration

dunmowdizzy - so, older customers who do not shop on line. Relevance of your comment? QVC & time to spa are both on line

Why would the MBG not be a consideration?

It's relevant as people would buy from QVC as they can phone p and see on the TV. If they don't have online then they would not know about the other place to get it.

lovingallthingsitalian - it is NOT for BCC. Elemis support BCC. But NO money from sales of this item go to BCC

Alan1302 - if you buy as a tv viewer, you would still know Elemis goods, so a 100ml purchase would not be for a first timer. Sorry, but I really feel the 30 day MBG is irrelevant with this purchase.

That does not take away from the fact that QVC are charging high p&p - most large companies now do NOT charge customers p&p.

lovingallthingsitalian - it is NOT for BCC. Elemis support BCC. But NO money from sales of this item go to BCC

Alan1302 - if you buy as a tv viewer, you would still know Elemis goods, so a 100ml purchase would not be for a first timer. Sorry, but I really feel the 30 day MBG is irrelevant with this purchase.

That does not take away from the fact that QVC are charging high p&p - most large companies now do NOT charge customers p&p.

Sorry but yes the Pink 100ml PCMC is pink in celebration of the annual £10,000 donation to BCC Elemis make each year. They normally do a Think Pink kit, but last years did not sell as well as previous years ( largely down to the fact they reduced the PCMC pot from 30ml to 15ml) so yeah the pink jar is in aid of the BCC charity. They always make a lump sum donation and it is never linked to the amount of special packaging units they sell.

The easy pay would be the main reason many will buy from QVC and not direct from Time To Spa or Debenhams(I spotted it there on Saturday), they cannot afford to fork out £99 in one go or split it up and it does not seem so bad paying that for a face cream.

I can't believe anyone would pay £99 for a tub of cream let alone nearly £6 to have it delivered. I wish people would stop being gullible and believing all the bull that is spouted about these products.

There are probably still quite a lot of older customers who still don't shop online so are oblivious.

I would agree with this. I'm forever trying to tell my Mum to ask me to look around the internet for her before she buys from QVC.

With respect -

Ginger, whilst I concur with what you are saying, if you are spending over £100 on a face product, it probably isn't the first time you have used it, but many things can happen, where the mbg would be useful. Buyer remorse, is one example and another has happened to me; I have extremely sensitive skin which can be okay with a product for a while then, all of a sudden, starts breaking out.
The elemis website is, definitively, an online store; whilst QVCUK has a website, it is also a tv shopping channel. I place all of my orders online, but am aware that there are still an unbelievable number of shoppers who still prefer to either speak to someone, or use QCUT, perhaps they don't think inputting one's financial details on line is safe (my mum!). I think dunmowdizzy may have been alluding to the fact that people who are not especially computer savvy, don't bother/know how to compare prices on various websites.

I think it's a shame Q doesn't have a policy of matching online prices - similar to John Lewis' "never knowingly undersold" policy

The real point of posting was the fact that QVC charge very high P&P - most companies give free P&P. As someone else has pointed out there is no 'basket ordering' where you would pay one lot of P&P. Take the Lola Rose TSV tomorrow. If you ordered 1 of each colour you would be charged 6 x the P&P charge. If a 'basket' system was adopted you would only be charged 1!

As for Elemis & BCC. A donation of £10,000 (tax deductible) is peanuts to a company the size of Elemis. Then, to use the pink PCMC pot inferring it as BCC, as proven by the number who think it is a BCC fundraiser, without making a separate donation for every pot sold - I feel is despicable. Personal opinion !!!

Capped P&P per basket or per day has been a perennial topic on here since I joined a decade ago. The official QVC excuse is that their warehouse and logistics systems can't accommodate packing different items together in a single parcel and so they "can't" combine p&p at the checkout. What they really mean is that while people are still ordering and paying their high postage costs they've no incentive to change.

People on facebook moan about the postage on almost a daily basis but it's not enough to make them change. I hold my hands up, I keep buying so I'm compounding the problem; I do shop around first but if there's nowhere else to buy an item QVC still get my business. If it's a "ml for ml" bargain I might order a supersize product to try because I can send it back under the 30 day MBG.

Capped P&P per basket or per day has been a perennial topic on here since I joined a decade ago. The official QVC excuse is that their warehouse and logistics systems can't accommodate packing different items together in a single parcel and so they "can't" combine p&p at the checkout. What they really mean is that while people are still ordering and paying their high postage costs they've no incentive to change.

People on facebook moan about the postage on almost a daily basis but it's not enough to make them change.

I agree that unless people stop buying or massively reduce their shopping at QVC nothing will change. I saw someone complaining on FB recently, I cannot remember the exact details but the poster's mum had purchased several items of clothing in one go and it cost a fortune in postage. There's no reason for QVC to change anything based on that complaint because they've made a sale but if the customer had purchased the items elsewhere and QVC had a lost the sale then there's some incentive to review the policy.

Maybe we need more people to let QVC know (via Facebook, email or whatever) that they are buying the same items elsewhere because of either free or combined P&P, and to give examples so they can quantify the loss in sales. However, it would probably take hundreds of such messages for QVC to sit up and take notice, let alone act on the info.

Maybe we need more people to let QVC know (via Facebook, email or whatever) that they are buying the same items elsewhere because of either free or combined P&P, and to give examples so they can quantify the loss in sales. However, it would probably take hundreds of such messages for QVC to sit up and take notice, let alone act on the info.

Sorry but it would take thousands and thousands to just stop buying from QVC. I am sure there have been hundreds on Facebook even a campaign group once trying to get lower p&p. Its never happened. On QVC US they too complain but nothing ever happened and think how many millions of customers they have.

Latest posts

Back