qvc mobile?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So is the only access to Bargain Hunter now via mobile phone?

Or do Sky still have it on the red button?

I am with Virgin and we have never had the Bargain Hunter on the tv in this area, but I seem to remember other areas did......

If it's mobile only, then we need to PAY to access a bargain?????

Bizarre!

Yes bargain hunter is still available through the the red button on Sky.

How irritating!
Havn't really looked at qmobile since it all happened despite downloading opera for the purpose.
Well done qvc I have spent less with you...great marketing tool that.

Has anyone found another browser or any other way of accessing qvcukmobile.com from a PC ?

...Please please please ?!!
(Maybe ask your husbands ?)

I have tried and tried to search but with no success.

It's so sad to have even lost the access through Opera :-((

If we ever did I recon we'd have to pm it around so that QVC didn't close it down! hey obviously don't want us using it that way.

I made a discovery today which, if someone is a techy wizz, might help us.

I changed my browser on my blackberry from Blackberry to Internet Explorer, and it wouldn't let me into qvc mobile, but as soon as I changed it back to the Blackberry browser it would let me in.

So the mobile sites are not identifying that you are using a mobile device, they are picking up that you are using a mobile browser.

You can download mobile/mini browsers from the opera site http://www.opera.com/products/ but I'll be Kimandco'd if i know how to get them to install on a pc - and I've tried lots of different options.

Not much progress but something that someone more techy than me might like to spend time cracking.

Some said on an earlier post on this thread about Opera, but then it disappeared from there too on a PC.

I'm assuming that was the standard opera browser.
If there was someway of intstalling an opera mobile phone browser on your laptop then I'm guessing it would work.

It's just ridiculous that QVC are being so obstructive with regard to allowing customers to access this service..(..and I use the term "service" loosely.)

When all's said and done, they are a shop and we are the buying public!! Why all the cloak and dagger stuff?

I made a discovery today which, if someone is a techy wizz, might help us.

I changed my browser on my blackberry from Blackberry to Internet Explorer, and it wouldn't let me into qvc mobile, but as soon as I changed it back to the Blackberry browser it would let me in.

So the mobile sites are not identifying that you are using a mobile device, they are picking up that you are using a mobile browser.

You can download mobile/mini browsers from the opera site http://www.opera.com/products/ but I'll be Kimandco'd if i know how to get them to install on a pc - and I've tried lots of different options.

Not much progress but something that someone more techy than me might like to spend time cracking.

Finally remembered to put this to my OH tonight, and after much investigation, he has a solution!!!!!!!!

So the question is, do we post it on here for all and QVC to see or do we pass it around more carefully?????

Haven't tried ordering anything with it yet though.

the thing is, that if they block the browser, they will be blocking all the people on genuine mobile devices. So if they block the blackberry browser, they will be blocking all blackberrys. They can't detect internet connections, because how do they know that you are not using a wi-fi in a hotel etc, or a broadband in a hotel. They are going on browser detection. My guess is to post it on here. If QVC are as stupid to do it, they might as well disable their whole mobile site entirely.

the thing is, that if they block the browser, they will be blocking all the people on genuine mobile devices. So if they block the blackberry browser, they will be blocking all blackberrys. They can't detect internet connections, because how do they know that you are not using a wi-fi in a hotel etc, or a broadband in a hotel. They are going on browser detection. My guess is to post it on here. If QVC are as stupid to do it, they might as well disable their whole mobile site entirely.

This isn't a browser for a mobile device its an emulator so its a bit clumsy but you can get at the bargain hunter.

Another forum member contacted me via PM with a couple of links and one was for an emulator. Having read it and I do have computer knowledge, I was unsure rather unsure about it, I didn't feel comfortable in trying to put it on my computer

Another forum member contacted me via PM with a couple of links and one was for an emulator. Having read it and I do have computer knowledge, I was unsure rather unsure about it, I didn't feel comfortable in trying to put it on my computer

We've just written some notes for people to have a go with, I guess its up to individuals to decide whether its worth it or not. Unless you feel its better not to post them.

We've just written some notes for people to have a go with, I guess its up to individuals to decide whether its worth it or not. Unless you feel its better not to post them.

Yes it is up to individuals so if you want to post it then please go ahead. I don't even know if the one you are talking about is same as one I was shown so I can't comment on whether or not I would want to install the one you are talking about. :)

Here goes then:

Here's the link

http://www.winwap.com/downloads/downloads

see desktop applications

winwap smartphone browser emulator
click unlimited free download

Next page click download without signing up

internet explorer may prompt you to download file, or it may just download. save it and when downloaded run it.

Follow wizard and then launch it.....a large lookalike mobile phone will appear on the screen!!!

You have to click on the buttons like its a mobile phone (not the no.s they don't work)

Choose WAP search using the arrow buttons etc

we searched for www.qvcukmobile (type it in the box) then use arrows on the pretend mobile to move to web

click the right hand button to confirm

QVC came up as first choice....use arrows again to choose qvc

hopefully your there, however whilst i was checking the installation instructions.
It bombed and I had problems finding the page again, but it did work eventually.
Its a bit fiddly LOL

Latest posts

Back