QVC, Lack of respect

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes Jill Franks letter would say "don't need to ask you love, you love/use everything/can't live without, so forget we asked"

i think it relates to the amount i have bought over 20 plus years but i have returned a lot quality being the biggest issue

QVC taking a leaf out of the 'Donald Trump University of Making Friends and Grabbing Their Private Parts'.

Has no-one at Q got the brains to check something before sending it out? It's hardly rocket science.

Surely that's just an error on the automated fill fields for the email. Some silly bugga has put the generic information about the clothes you order where the name ought to be. A stupid mistake but I can't see that being intentional.

How do they know the items are for you?
Throw them and order 20 size small items, in every colour of course! Remember, half p&p!

Oh no, that would be too generous! Full P&P if you order a different colour! (or fragrance as per the Philosophy TSV)

This whole episode smacks of a poorly done mailmerge. You set up your data fields in your email/mail document. You extract your data in another document then run the two together. Thing is - you don't hit the "go" button until you have thoroughly tested the thing to make sure you've mapped the data to the correct fields in your email or mail document so you don't cause a s***storm rather than send a positive communication to your cherished customer (who ultimately pays your wages).

Thing is that they are basing this mailmerge on imperfect information because their website has all the sophistication of a brieze block. If they were like many supermarkets, or Amazon, they would know your buying patterns and in some cases your present purchases... they would be suggesting recommendations based on your browsing as well as your shopping on their site... and based on other purchases by other customers who bought the same things as you. The best QVC can manage to discern is whether you buy a lot or not. Wow.

Thing is that these days our expectations of customer service delivered competently by QVC is sinking faster than a stone.

for people that have been wronged, some of you do a good job of coming across as rather ageist/anti youth.

for all you know, it could be some 50 year old tosser at qvc that called you fat, thin or whatever.

Though I agree with the person who said the sun should be made aware of this. Qvc loves it's social media etc but it is still in the dark ages of how to treat people/customers.

for people that have been wronged, some of you do a good job of coming across as rather ageist/anti youth.

for all you know, it could be some 50 year old tosser at qvc that called you fat, thin or whatever.

Though I agree with the person who said the sun should be made aware of this. Qvc loves it's social media etc but it is still in the dark ages of how to treat people/customers.
Agree. I get tired of the young people bashing on here. It is a problem with QVC, their culture and management, not young people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back