QVC, Lack of respect

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps they're just crap at spelling like much of the younger population & meant madam.

I'm just cringing at this thread, QVC has got to be one of the most unprofessional and downright useless large organisations I've had dealings with and that's including the banks!

However, I will say that I suspect the use of 'medium' vs 'heavy' is probably a generic term relating to how many orders they get from you per year (hence the numbers in brackets) but that still doesn't take away from the magnificent ineptitude demonstrated, even for Q!!!

Disgraceful email just shows how the customer isn't special.Just a money making customer number (as most of us already knew).

Last edited:
I'm just cringing at this thread, QVC has got to be one of the most unprofessional and downright useless large organisations I've had dealings with and that's including the banks!

However, I will say that I suspect the use of 'medium' vs 'heavy' is probably a generic term relating to how many orders they get from you per year (hence the numbers in brackets) but that still doesn't take away from the magnificent ineptitude demonstrated, even for Q!!!

But who in hell's name orders over 50 items of clothing a year from LaQ. That's about one item a week!!

But who in hell's name orders over 50 items of clothing a year from LaQ. That's about one item a week!!

I was reading the thread on Q's FB page and someone called up to query and apparently it's the total number of orders since you started shopping with Q - either way, it has gone down a STORM and of course the various responses from Q have been utterly inadequate, just so poor.

I was reading the thread on Q's FB page and someone called up to query and apparently it's the total number of orders since you started shopping with Q - either way, it has gone down a STORM and of course the various responses from Q have been utterly inadequate, just so poor.

So the medium bit could mean that you are a medium shopper as opposed to light or heave. Either way though. The figures are way off.

So the medium bit could mean that you are a medium shopper as opposed to light or heave. Either way though. The figures are way off.

Exactly and as you would expect from Q, they didn't bother to change the terminology to reflect their customers, they just used the default ones that came with the survey package...and then cocked up the mail merge, 100% professionalism from Q as always!!!

I ordered an Item on the 1st oct, I had an email on the 3rd saying it was on the way to the courier, I waited at least a week before I emailed CS, I eventully got a reply and the usual sorry for the inconvience, they would send me a letter and if I could sign it and send it back... well it arrived this morning, no pre paid envelope, so I send off another email telling them what I thought of their service. Will I send the letter back... not likely. I think the days of Respect from qvc are well past

Surely that's just an error on the automated fill fields for the email. Some silly bugga has put the generic information about the clothes you order where the name ought to be. A stupid mistake but I can't see that being intentional.

It looks that Mail Merge in Outlook didn't pick up the actual details, but picked up other fields in the system, namely the Size and ... quantity bought or was it the age? Nevertheless it seems to be a human error, as someone tried to merge wrong fields to what was supposed to be the name and something else.

:mysmilie_17: wonder how they address the REALLY large ladies in the U.S ? ... Dear 5XL . My survey sheet would have gone straight back to the CEO with a copy to the nationals.

Disgraceful email just shows how the customer isn't special.Just a money making customer number (as most of us already knew).

I was thinking the same. We are all just numbers. It's like being in The Prisoner! (No prizes for guessing "Who is Number One?")

Talisker, you should have said to them, "I am not a number - I am a free man". And closed your account!

Latest posts

Back