QVC Kitcheware Buyers... Durrrrrrrr!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
everytime i see the prepology cutting boards, the fact that the buyers are incapable of seeing the bleedin' obvious and not putting one of each colour in a set makes me want to scream.

buyers, if youre reading this, let me try to explain in really simple words. here goes try and stay with me...

this set comes in a choice of 4 colours
red
green
blue
white

youre selling a set of 4 in all of the same colour for about 12 quid. i do not need four identical chopping boards and i can think of few people who do. every other retailer with half a brain is selling cutting board sets which are -get this - COLOUR CODED. i.e the red is for meat, blue for fish, green for veggies, white for bakery.

now, i do understand that it will be loads cheaper for you to just bung 4 of the same colour in a box and try to persuade people to give one away, have one in the obligatory caravan, in our office drawer (yes simon brown actually suggested this!).
i also understand that mixing up the colours will require a *gasp* change to the packing process. yes this may increase the cost of packing but cant you see how many more people - including me - would buy this product if you gave them a reason to have 4 otherwise identical chopping boards?

sheesh... what kind of thicko dimbo shortsighted numpties are running the QVC buying department?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.830116

everytime i see the prepology cutting boards, the fact that the buyers are incapable of seeing the bleedin' obvious and not putting one of each colour in a set makes me want to scream.

buyers, if youre reading this, let me try to explain in really simple words. here goes try and stay with me...

this set comes in a choice of 4 colours
red
green
blue
white

youre selling a set of 4 in all of the same colour for about 12 quid. i do not need four identical chopping boards and i can think of few people who do. every other retailer with half a brain is selling cutting board sets which are -get this - COLOUR CODED. i.e the red is for meat, blue for fish, green for veggies, white for bakery.

now, i do understand that it will be loads cheaper for you to just bung 4 of the same colour in a box and try to persuade people to give one away, have one in the obligatory caravan, in our office drawer (yes simon brown actually suggested this!).
i also understand that mixing up the colours will require a *gasp* change to the packing process. yes this may increase the cost of packing but cant you see how many more people - including me - would buy this product if you gave them a reason to have 4 otherwise identical chopping boards?

sheesh... what kind of thicko dimbo shortsighted numpties are running the QVC buying department?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.830116

do hope you feel better for getting that of your chest. you are of course talking absolute sense.......

the same that employ Glen Campbell, the "fashion expert":cheeky:

I got all excited there Burlz, as I would like a set of colour coded chopping boards and I've seen one in town by Joseph and Joseph they're in a holder with little diagrams meat, fish, veg, bread but they're £40,and there's no way I could spend that sort of money on chopping boards...but yes, how ridiculous is that....4 identical chopping boards in the same colour Gre....aaat! But like they say, you could give one to your son or daughter at uni, one for the mobile home, one for your nan with manual dexterity problems, one for your kiddies teacher...Oh Sh*t, I've forgotten about myself...better get another set in a different colourway, that could go in the bottom drawer, oh they're so reasonable I'll get another set in yet another colour, I could take that to work...Oh hold on if I get the other colourway, then I can have one of each colour to use for meat, fish, veg and bread....Genius!

I got all excited there Burlz, as I would like a set of colour coded chopping boards and I've seen one in town by Joseph and Joseph they're in a holder with little diagrams meat, fish, veg, bread but they're £40,and there's no way I could spend that sort of money on chopping boards...but yes, how ridiculous is that....4 identical chopping boards in the same colour Gre....aaat! But like they say, you could give one to your son or daughter at uni, one for the mobile home, one for your nan with manual dexterity problems, one for your kiddies teacher...Oh Sh*t, I've forgotten about myself...better get another set in a different colourway, that could go in the bottom drawer, oh they're so reasonable I'll get another set in yet another colour, I could take that to work...Oh hold on if I get the other colourway, then I can have one of each colour to use for meat, fish, veg and bread....Genius!

they sell those Joseph ad Joseph boards on QVC at a cheaper price - but they always sell out, you'd think QVC would wonder why:cheeky:

I like the same colour ones, when we move all my new kitchen stuff will be green so I have been slowly buying bits from QVC in green including these boards 830622 which I love. Keep looking for more items in that colour, am wanting 828873 but showing out of stock at the moment. Have ordered the knife block/knives/chopping board set today 830621 & various Lock & Lock in green but again waiting for some to come back in stock.

what a great idea [ may be why they havent thought of it ] ..........we used to have to have red for meat blue for fish etc etc etc........luckily we can get to the outlet so we have slowly bought different sets & stacked away the spares + given some away........good think BB & loved how you wrote the 'article' made me smile today as im in a dark mood. [ part of TSV missing ]

I like the same colour ones, when we move all my new kitchen stuff will be green so I have been slowly buying bits from QVC in green including these boards 830622 which I love. Keep looking for more items in that colour, am wanting 828873 but showing out of stock at the moment. Have ordered the knife block/knives/chopping board set today 830621 & various Lock & Lock in green but again waiting for some to come back in stock.

was thinking I was a minority of one PMS...! I have two green board sets, first came in a stand and I now have six in there and two spare, plus one set came with knives, which I have to admit aren't great, the colour is coming off mine. I also have a large green board from Wilkos, which I use for veg, and one white one with red edges, which I use for meat (along with a red Kuhn Rikon knife from Wilkos)...both hidden nicely away behind the stand with all the green ones...which are all different sizes, so no probs if you want to use them for different things I don't think...long as you've got a good memory anyway..! I have other Prepology green items..utensil set and set of whisk and beater - plus a silicone whisk courtesy of my local Morrisons which I use for stirring the gravy (not having Cooks Essentials pans so can't use metal utensils in mine) - the Morrisons "green" is more a yellow green than a green green, but anyway, it all seems to match together well enough, along with a nice green colander from Lakeland...I seem to like green...:grin:

Latest posts

Back