QVC in decline?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think one of the things which made the catalogues such a boon, was the payment installments they offered. Yes, with a nice big interest rate [ouch] but that whole thing of spreading the cost, so you could budget for the things you needed to buy which couldn't wait, was very useful.

I think one of the things which made the catalogues such a boon, was the payment installments they offered. Yes, with a nice big interest rate [ouch] but that whole thing of spreading the cost, so you could budget for the things you needed to buy which couldn't wait, was very useful.

Yes you're right. We wouldn't have had half the things we had without the catalogue. I would have thought they'd be popular now, given the recession.

I'm part of a generation born in austerity that had to learn to manage on what we have, and what we can't pay for up front, we don't buy. Anyone else remember the old adage ne'er a borrower nor a lender be? Which means that QVC's easy pay option is no incentive at all to people like me.

Yes, my Mum bought my Christmas stuff from catalogues. A friend used to do Kays and let people she knew order, one got a TV and stopped paying!!! It turned into a total nightmare, as Kays insisted it was her fault

Latest posts

Back