qvc have sent me £5 voucher - big deal!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
qvc have sent me £5 voucher - big deal!

I got a e.mail from QVC offering me £5 off any purchase i make this weekend.
Sorry to sound ungrateful but £5 is not enough of an incentive to spend my hard earned cash on QVC products, especially as they charged over inflated p & P charges.

]Thanks but no thanks QVC:12:

5 quid not good enough? Well really, how ungrateful! You could get a whole third of a Hokey-Pokey 6" cheesecake with that!
Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist......*runs for cover!* :D

Wonder how many people will be sent one of these vouchers. I have never received a Christmas Card, invite to events, easy pay code or discount voucher so I won't be holding my breath about this discount voucher. :rolleyes:

Does sound as though you are being ungrateful!

Might be £5 to you but if everyone who gets this discount uses it the total will be a lot for QVC to cover therefore making it a generous offer!

To be offered £5 discount for no reason other than being a customer surely is a good thing?

Wonder how many people will be sent one of these vouchers. I have never received a Christmas Card, invite to events, easy pay code or discount voucher so I won't be holding my breath about this discount voucher. :rolleyes:

Same here Sazza! Don't even get the postcards /samples they sometimes send out advertising forthcoming shows - even for brands I've bought regularly (Smashbox etc).

Same here Sazza! Don't even get the postcards /samples they sometimes send out advertising forthcoming shows - even for brands I've bought regularly (Smashbox etc).

I sometimes get the advertising postcards but that is all.

I get the odd advertising card, samples are something that happens to other people, as are the christmas cards. Oh I did get an eazy pay in December which was a first.

Won't be expecting a voucher and won't be disappointed when it doesn't come.

Sorry forgot to mention i have to spend at least £35 to use the voucher and it is not transferable so sorry i can't pass onto someone that might like it.

Does sound as though you are being ungrateful!

Might be £5 to you but if everyone who gets this discount uses it the total will be a lot for QVC to cover therefore making it a generous offer!

To be offered £5 discount for no reason other than being a customer surely is a good thing?

All QVC would do is increase their charges by £5 to cover the cost of the voucher. If they are not used they make money not lose it.
QVC will not be out of pocket giving these vouchers out - trust me!

Perhaps I'm just not as cynical as you are Simon, but this discount voucher sounds to me more of a promotional thing in a time of economic downturn than anything else.
After all - they don't have to offer any discount do they.

Perhaps I'm just not as cynical as you are Simon, but this discount voucher sounds to me more of a promotional thing in a time of economic downturn than anything else.
After all - they don't have to offer any discount do they.

Fair comment :12:

But £5 would not make me want to purchase anything QVC has to offer this weekend.
I would certainly not be tempted to buy the Panasonic TSV at midmight tonight even though i have the cash and i need a new camcorder.
There are better deals and bigger discounts online to tempt me.:1:

Same here! Unlike most people on here I have been spending more recently so I'm not expecting any incentives to spend though I've never had anything when I was a more sporadic customer.

Actually I will be really mad if I do get this email as I ordered Sunday's Elemis TSV on Wednesday night!

Last edited:
I received an email this morning offering me a £5 discount as long as I spend £25 or over (excluding p&p). It's valid until midnight on Sunday and is non-transferable.

I haven't been spending nearly as much with QVC recently and Boris Bear is right in that it is most definitely an incentive to tempt lapsed/lapsing customers back into the fold.

I'm not sure if it has to be redeeemed against 1 item or if it can be a composite order totalling £25 but either way, I think it's nice to receive it as I have never received a Christmas card or any other offer in the past.

I sent QVC a letter of complaint when they sent me the wrong item you would have thought that they would have sent me a vocher by way of an apology but I've received nothing. Also never had a card or discount voucher or any thing.

Latest posts

Back