• Claudia Sylvester

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Kathy Taylor

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Alison Young

Votes: 9 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alison Keenan gets my vote, it always has been Julia Roberts and although imo the best presenter... her antics have put me right off her, I now only watch her if she is presenting a product I'm really interested in buying .

Jilly Halliday for me despite the 'selling really really well'. Nice normal lady with no airs and graces and no histrionics.

Other Reasons:
no baby talk
no disingenuous remarks
no market stall selling and screeching with raucous laughter like a fishwife
no bossiness, ignorant interrupting of guests and spouting meaningless and often contradictory 'beauty' bullsh*t
no lecturing like a superior know-all
no going off at a tangent with stories about the kids etc, yeah yeah yeah
no being an enduring girly who has to buy everything pink or blingy or get 'hubby' to buy it for her
and finally:
no boasting endlessly about ME, ME, ME, my amazing weight loss, my Spanish villa and MY KIDS who have wormed their way in at QVC with my influence and certainly not on merit of their own talent

Jilly Halliday for me despite the 'selling really really well'. Nice normal lady with no airs and graces and no histrionics.

Other Reasons:
no baby talk
no disingenuous remarks
no market stall selling and screeching with raucous laughter like a fishwife
no bossiness, ignorant interrupting of guests and spouting meaningless and often contradictory 'beauty' bullsh*t
no lecturing like a superior know-all
no going off at a tangent with stories about the kids etc, yeah yeah yeah
no being an enduring girly who has to buy everything pink or blingy or get 'hubby' to buy it for her
and finally:
no boasting endlessly about ME, ME, ME, my amazing weight loss, my Spanish villa and MY KIDS who have wormed their way in at QVC with my influence and certainly not on merit of their own talent

Well, I voted for JR and stand by it, but when I read your post I realised that GH is also one of my favourites but she has a much quieter profile than the others and tends to "slip off the radar".

I voted from the point of view of "who is the best presenter" and not "in your opinion, who do think is the nicest presenter?"!! So with that in mind it has to be Julia - I know she is disliked, but she is totally professional and brilliant at her job. I also think she is very pleasant to T callers.

Debbie Greenwood for me - always great to watch, has a great sense of fun too:).
Kathy would be my second choice as 2010 seemed to be her year, she looked great and her confidence shone.

I forgot the lovely Kathy at the time of posting, how could I?? :doh: Tbh I would have chosen her as 1st choice but I had already posted and it was too late to edit it.

I voted from the point of view of "who is the best presenter" and not "in your opinion, who do think is the nicest presenter?"!! So with that in mind it has to be Julia - I know she is disliked, but she is totally professional and brilliant at her job. I also think she is very pleasant to T callers.

I totally agree. It has to be Julia for me. She is very knowledgeable about products. She gives an honest opinion and I like the way she equates QVC'S weird sizing of garments to what we understand. :mysmilie_5:

:giggle:I went with Debbie Flint - although she is not quite as good this time around. But I think that is because she worked so well with Paul Lavers before - they made a great team.

Without wishing to offend: Some people have voted for Alison Young?????? Do they wear ear muffs or watch with the sound muted

I like Pipa as a presenter, also like Kathy and Catherine..but my vote goes to Debbie.

She has such a friendly manner and presents each show with a warm smile, she's round about my age group too...a bit older, I think but this makes me relate to her more.

She actually does a good job of presenting, without messing up her lines, talking a load of bull and doesn't constantly interrupt guests with inane stories about herself, nor does she have a grating voice or other annoying mannerisms

Yes, she does mention her family but imo not in a bragging, boastful way.

She's been a high profile tv personality in her past, and a beauty queen, but still seems pretty grounded. Yet a couple of the other female presenters I could mention would be dining out on that until the next millennium!

Poor old AD...c'mon somebody vote for her lol!

Pipa for me in this poll. Just because she's in a whimsical world of her own which is very endearing. With possibly Debbie Greenwood in there too (just because of her blog really, which is a joy to read).

Debbie G for me too, although I do like Pippa and Kathy. I really can't watch AD, JF and CS they drive me up the wall, even if its something I'm interested in, I just turn off. :angry:

Debbie F. I like JR but lately she has been getting on my nerves a bit. Most of the female presenters are OK except for AY, her ****** constant interrupting and screeching. Don't watch much now, browse the website mostly.

This was a tough one for me, as I actually think several of the female presenters do a very good job on the whole. I never saw Debbie Flint the first time round, so I had no preconceptions when I first saw her and I really like her, she asks pertinent questions of guests and products and doesn't take herself too seriously. Pipa is uniquely fab company, I know exactly what Cavey means by a whimsical world of her own :nod:. But as I remain the only Forumite to adore Claire Sutton I'll own up as responsible for her solitary vote. She always makes me smile and I don't find her baby-waby style irritating in the least (I do love that description though, read when I first came on here - can't remember who said it but applause to you :clapping:)

One of the very best IMHO was Kara Baker, I thought it a shame when she left.

Latest posts

Back