QVC - Easy Pays Not!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it is unrealistic to expect a large company to keep a record of times they can or cannot contact you. Basically if you do not wish to be contacted at any time other when you are in the privacy of your own home this is the only number they should be given.

Your opening post gives the impression that they tracked you down at a work number, which would have been totally unacceptable if that number had never been used previously, either to or from Q.

I would also appreciate it if you would refrain from making personal comments about other forum members, make all the comments you like about Q but that was unnecessary reply to Tiddlywinks.

I don't have a problem with Hotlips venting her reaction on here; lots of people do it whether or not the cause of the upset can be explained. Don't resort to name-calling whatever the reply you get HL.

What is interesting to all of us (not just those with a low credit rating, even a historic one) is that the presenters all say, when extolling the virtues of Easy Pay is that it's "interest free credit without credit checks". Which clearly isn't true, so thank you to HL for bring this to our attention. :mysmilie_59: Surely this is the important point raised here - the phone call timing etc aren't important, but just added to HL's exasperation?

Hotlips if you want to get back at Q (or anyone else feels like taking up the cause) would be to make a note of the exact time and date* when a presenter (most likely Catherine Huntley) says the fiction "without credit checks" and report them to the ASA. It won't bring any real satisfaction and QVC will just be told not to say that on air again. I wonder whether QVC will tell you which credit reference agency they used so that you can take action for them to update your profile with them if it's out of date? Sadly I think you're only outcome will be to just let it go, brooding will just eat away at you and QVC won't be impacted in any way.

*time and date from the live channel would be best I think

Hotlips I think forum members were actually trying to help you. Your original post was rather misleading and now you have stated the facts it does seem that they phoned you on a number you had given them but at a time that wasn't convenient to you. The best thing to have done would be to ask them to call back so you could discuss the matter in private. I don't know why they wanted to discuss your easy payments or conduct a credit check but they obviously thought they had reason to speak to you about it.

As I said I think we're missing the point by bringing up the phone call timing again...surely the point is that QVC presenters give misleading info on air which contradicts what their T&Cs online? If customers rely on this sales pitch then QVC should be pulled up about it. I think HL's annoyance at the timing of the phone call has clouded the real issue; but I don't doubt it added to her exasperation.

Does anyone have any experience of Q's credit checks and could add to the discussion without getting hung up on the phone call? Enough already about the phone call. :mysmilie_1:

.... the virtues of Easy Pay is that it's "interest free credit without credit checks". Which clearly isn't true.......

Hotlips if you want to get back at Q (or anyone else feels like taking up the cause) would be to make a note of the exact time and date* when a presenter (most likely Catherine Huntley) says the fiction "without credit checks" and report them to the ASA.

I guess that depends on the average person's interpretation of 'credit checks' and the itsy bitsy teeny weeny small print in the Ts & Cs.

In this case Q didn't do a credit check as most would see it (with a credit reference agency) but used an open source public record.

It'd be down to interpretation.

Does anyone have any experience of Q's credit checks and could add to the discussion without getting hung up on the phone call? Enough already about the phone call. :mysmilie_1:

A few years ago some of my orders sat "In Process" for days without moving, so I called CS to ask what was going on. They said that my card had been one of those they pick to check there's no fraud going on and that it hadn't been released by the legal dept yet. They called me back half an hour later to let me know that they'd had my card released and that my purchases were now under way. Apparently they pick cards for fraud checks all the time - most are chosen at random, but one of the criteria for choosing a card to check can be the pattern of purchases - and in my case I hadn't used the card for eons and had then made half a dozen sizeable purchases in the same day. That caused a red flag and they were checking with the card provider that it hadn't been reported as stolen. Personally I found this reassuring.

I have a friend who was made bankrupt 2 years ago . I know she uses easy pay on qvc regularly it's the only place she can now get credit .

As I said I think we're missing the point by bringing up the phone call timing again...surely the point is that QVC presenters give misleading info on air which contradicts what their T&Cs online? If customers rely on this sales pitch then QVC should be pulled up about it. I think HL's annoyance at the timing of the phone call has clouded the real issue; but I don't doubt it added to her exasperation.

QVC did not do a credit check. They checked for fraud. When checking for fraud they are flagged up that the person has had a credit problem in the past so QVC checks this with the person. So QVC have done nothing wrong.

Latest posts

Back