QVC deleting Facebook comments in their favour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
I read a post on QVCs facebook page about todays special value (HP Netbook) - someone made a fair comment that it was £500 direct from HP, i made a comment saying the QVC deal was better as you get an extra 12 months warranty, free P & P and free Ability Office software but acknowledged his post.

Surprise, surprise the original poster had his post removed and so was mine!

Very unfair that they can not take a negative comment and feel they have to censor it by removing it.
The original poster has posted another comment asking what has happened to his comment and so have i.
I wonder how long out posts will remain online before they are removed again?

Sorry QVC but i do not trust you if you censor comments, are they censoring people who leave feedback for items they buy on their web page? :mysmilie_73:

they are also very selective regarding what they answer...no reply to Basso/ MB queries but say ''i love philosophy;when are they next on?'' and PING a reply :rolleyes:

It may be a case of multiple people editing the account comments. One thinks it is fair comment but the next will think it is not in line with company policy. I don't understand the significance of Facebook so I don't really care.

BTW, check out http://www.failbooking.com

I agree it's not right, but is anybody really surprised about the censorship?? Call me cynical, but I have stopped leaving reviews on the website after QVC introduced the agreement thing you have to accept before posting a review that states that they reserve the right to use and change any review as they see fit... sorry, but I am not going to agree to that, so whereas I used to review every single item I bought from QVC I now won't do it, and the facebook incident is a clear sign of their approach to customer criticism. Rant over!

Last edited:
I have not bought from QVC for quite a while now and deleting genuine posts is not on in my book. Amazon products have some terrible product reviews and they are not censored!

QVC presenters keep saying this item has great feedback from our customers but how are we to believe them or trust them is they are censored and biased in their favour?

Just checked and my QVC Facebook question asking why my previous post was deleted has been deleted again!
As has the other poster complaining about his post being removed!
I bet if i left a positive comment that would be kept.

Never going to trust QVC again - i will do my product research online in future and not trust a word QVC or its presenters say.

of course someone could always create a facebook group called "QVC REVIEWS BEWARE" or "QVC WATCH OUT" or something.... as long as it wasnt defamatory there would be no problem. and then, as the group owner, you could post what the hell you liked. as long as it was legal and your own opinion obviously.

and the great thing would be that every time a QVC customer searched FB for "QVC" to join their pathetic group, they'd see your group listed underneath it.

if i saw that it would be hard to resist having a peek.

just an idea :O)

it doesn't surprise me - they pick and choose what they put on their website and I can't imagine facebook is any different

it doesnt surprise me to be honest either,the website isnt exactly fair when you can only post a good review even if the item is utter carp
far better to research products online on other sites before buying I think like others have said
not exactly encouraging is it

I must say I have seen lots of scathing reviews posted on qvcuk.com, therefore they can't be censoring them that much. I have never checked out qvc on facebook so can't comment.

I read a post on QVCs facebook page about todays special value (HP Netbook) - someone made a fair comment that it was £500 direct from HP, i made a comment saying the QVC deal was better as you get an extra 12 months warranty, free P & P and free Ability Office software but acknowledged his post.

Surprise, surprise the original poster had his post removed and so was mine!

Very unfair that they can not take a negative comment and feel they have to censor it by removing it.
The original poster has posted another comment asking what has happened to his comment and so have i.
I wonder how long out posts will remain online before they are removed again?

Sorry QVC but i do not trust you if you censor comments, are they censoring people who leave feedback for items they buy on their web page? :mysmilie_73:

As I have just posted, I made a couple of posts on emu boots, neither of which was published. Obviously, democracy is only alive and kicking at QVC when it is in their favour.

I posted a comment on a friend's status the other day that never showed! When I logged on on my ipod it was there, but when I viewed it on my netbook it wasn't showing. I asked my friend if she could see it, and she said there was nothing there!! To be honest, FB is pants as a program, it never works properly, so I would take it with a pinch of salt if something you have written isn't showing.

it doesnt surprise me to be honest either,the website isnt exactly fair when you can only post a good review even if the item is utter carp
far better to research products online on other sites before buying I think like others have said
not exactly encouraging is it

I have posted some stinkers on the qvc website and they are published...I am there as woofgang

Latest posts

Back