QVC CS response re Tova Signature

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

here it is JanM in writting on here

REVIEW

what has happend to Tova?
"I agree with the previous comments about Tova Signature it used to be my favoutite perfume and I always received compliments about it. But since the packaging has changed it smells like a different perfume and disappears all most immediately. I will sadly not be ordering any more Tova Signature, until the problem is sorted out. Such a shame!"
Was this review helpful to you? Yes / No /Report inappropriate review

Response from QVC-UK:

By QVC Web Team, October 22, 2008
Thanks for your comment, Gjams. And thank you to all customers who have commented and made us aware of this issue with Tova’s Signature fragrance.

To let you know what we are doing to address it, Tova and the QVC Beauty team have posted this update:

"A number of QVC customers have recently expressed disappointment with Tova's Signature fragrance. As we take concerns about products seriously, we have been looking into the reasons why some customers have perceived that the product has changed.

During 2007 the formula for the fragrance was changed very slightly, resulting in some customers commenting that the scent had changed. QVC and Tova reviewed the product and did agree that inadvertently this had happened. As a result the formula was changed back to the original in the Autumn of 2007.

However, this does not explain why this year your perceptions of the product have changed so we are undertaking a further investigation. As I am sure you will appreciate, an investigation into a fragrance is
complex as we need to look into the formula, manufacturing process, the shipment, and the improvement in bottle design.

The investigation is therefore continuing and we will provide you all with an update as soon as it has been completed.

QVC Beauty & Tova"

Old Tova - very good.

New Tova - particularly good when dealing with troublesome infestations of wasps and flying insects.

:11:

Let's hope they sort it - although having said the formula changed back in Autumn 2007, the Christmas 2007 TSV [the one with the black evening bag and hand cream] smelled like bathroom cleaner, and nothing like the rich, multi-layered fragrance it used to be.

Thanks so much for posting the info, jan and SCW.

I doubt she will mention it this has been discussed at length on the QVCUS forums, and they QVc denied the forumula has been changed.

Companies do this alot in the world of fragrance. They deny any change and technically they are correct. But what does happen they use a cheaper version of ingredients which does change the character of the fragrance.

How very interesting. I've never known them respond to anything before.

Now, of course, I'm sniffing away at my two Signature sprays, wondering if I've got the genuine stuff or the insect repellent.

I tried to look up when I bought mine, but as usual, some things are missing from my account. Then I went through the pile of invoice slips, which is a very, very sobering experience.

I seem to have bought the first lot on 01/6/2006 which means it's all right. Don't know about the later purchase, which was of the small bottles which I take away with me. I have a feeling that one only lasts five minutes.

tova

hi everyone,just watching the tova show.no mention of the way it has changed but tova is saying to spray it on twice.i wonder why?tempted to buy one to try as it is my favourite.

I'm just watching her now on the 11am show and she is stressing that you need to spray x2 (never heard her say that before and I have watched her from the beginning!). Thanks SCW for doing the quote in full for me.

Let's hope they sort it - although having said the formula changed back in Autumn 2007, the Christmas 2007 TSV [the one with the black evening bag and hand cream] smelled like bathroom cleaner, and nothing like the rich, multi-layered fragrance it used to be.
I bet the fragrances in the Christmas TSV were manufactured well before the Autumn of that year. They'd want to get the stock levels up in plenty of time.

I thought I heard being asked it the forumula had changed over the years and it was a definetely no had not.
Then again she has not owned the company for a few years as she was bought out by QVC.

Then again she has not owned the company for a few years as she was bought out by QVC.
Really? How interesting. They seem to be acquiring all sorts of firms, whose wares they then flog to death. Northern Nights being the most noticeable.

What else do they own? Cooks Essentials, I assume....

I just rushed to this forum to ask if I should go for the Intro Price 5-bottle set... thanks so much, particularly to Jan and SuperCool, for the heads up. I wanted to reward myself for cutting down from 250+ to 22 cigs in the last 5 days (with my electronic cig, a sudden craze on eBay).

I really want a lovely new scent, haven't had one for years, I like L'Air du Temps, Chanel No22 is my all-time fave but not available except from Chanel's own London shop and I can't afford it anyway :(

Sorry to wander off-topic, I'm so disappointed!

clemenzina

I just rushed to this forum to ask if I should go for the Intro Price 5-bottle set... thanks so much, particularly to Jan and SuperCool, for the heads up. I wanted to reward myself for cutting down from 250+ to 22 cigs in the last 5 days (with my electronic cig, a sudden craze on eBay).

clemenzina

Just wanted to say congrats on cutting down on the ciggies! Hope you can find something else to reward yourself with.

What a fantastic achievement. Well done you and keep it up! :)

Brilliant Clemenzina! Keep it up. And yes, you definitely deserve a lovely treat for doing so well on reducing your ciggies so drastically :1:

Well done Clemenzina - definately treat time. To wonder off topic a little but as a response to your fragrance dilemma, I am trying out Calyx by Prescriptives, I got something from the Beauty Bible years ago which invited you to pick a picture out of a choice of about 6 and the one you picked determined the group of fragrances you were more likely to be drawn to, Calyx was in the same group as Chanel 22 and also Rive Gauche. However if you are drawn to the Tova set at least you get to try a number of her fragrances and you can send it back if not happy (although P+P maybe a bit steep). I sprayed a new Signature on today and it has lasted all day and smelt lovely but years ago when I used to wear it all the time, I had some people sniffing the air around me saying "what is that awful smell, it smells like kitchen cleaner" and that was circa 2004!
Sorry to go on!

Latest posts

Back