QVC CS response re Tova Signature

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just to pay lip service to the actual topic here (but I do mean this), I am appalled that Tova and Ali could be so barefaced in their presentation, QVC must be very reliant on the Tova perfume range - they said it was their best-selling, but AFAIK they don't do very much else at all in the way of perfumes.

Re the Rive Gauche, I particularly like his Paris, which I expect puts me in the 'unsophisticated' bracket. I've never smelled Calyx. Thanks for the suggestions.

clemenzina x

I'm asthmatic and can only wear a few fragrances, but even if I could wear anything I would not buy a parrfuumm off the telly - the p and p is too much to waste just to sniff and send back.

Tova does not just have a couple of squirts of her stuff - she industrially pumps it over her head in a mushroom cloud!

Just to pay lip service to the actual topic here (but I do mean this), I am appalled that Tova and Ali could be so barefaced in their presentation, QVC must be very reliant on the Tova perfume range - they said it was their best-selling, but AFAIK they don't do very much else at all in the way of perfumes.

Re the Rive Gauche, I particularly like his Paris, which I expect puts me in the 'unsophisticated' bracket. I've never smelled Calyx. Thanks for the suggestions.

clemenzina x

Paris is my absolute favourite too. I usually get compliments when I'm wearing it as well.

I just rushed to this forum to ask if I should go for the Intro Price 5-bottle set... thanks so much, particularly to Jan and SuperCool, for the heads up. I wanted to reward myself for cutting down from 250+ to 22 cigs in the last 5 days (with my electronic cig, a sudden craze on eBay).

clemenzina

Well done Clemenzina! I gave up smoking 8 years ago and everyone told me to put away the money I would have spent on cigs and treat myself every week. I didn't feel like going out (I would have been miserable watching everyone else smoke) and I didn't want to put weight on so going for meals wasn't an option, so I decided to treat myself with cosmetics and bath/shower products instead. Messing with my nails, home facials and long luxurious baths took my mind off smoking.

But then I discovered QVC!!! My little spends in Boots suddenly turned into a beauty tsv every month, hence my HUGE stash!!!!! :what:

I must have spent a fortune over the years and have replaced one addiction with another, but I suppose my money's not going up in smoke and I'm not damaging my health, just my bank balance!!

Old Tova - very good.

New Tova - particularly good when dealing with troublesome infestations of wasps and flying insects.

I've read this so many times, my hopes of strange men following me down the road have been dashed.
Darn...

I just rushed to this forum to ask if I should go for the Intro Price 5-bottle set... thanks so much, particularly to Jan and SuperCool, for the heads up. I wanted to reward myself for cutting down from 250+ to 22 cigs in the last 5 days (with my electronic cig, a sudden craze on eBay).

clemenzina

I've seen those and they look fab. Apparently peeps are buying them so they can use them in the pub Lol!:18:

:59:Did you see/hear Madam Julia on with Tova at teatime today -nearly pissed myself laughing when Julia gives a very backhanded compliment she says , ''i came into work yesterday and could smell you so i knew you were here''
classic i am going to order a bucket of it - not

:59:Did you see/hear Madam Julia on with Tova at teatime today -nearly pissed myself laughing when Julia gives a very backhanded compliment she says , ''i came into work yesterday and could smell you so i knew you were here''
classic i am going to order a bucket of it - not

:18::18::18:

Yes, I laughed at that too. And did I hear right (I was only half listening as I was reading the paper) when someone left a message to say she'd named her dog after Tova :6: Wonder if they found out what sort of dog it was ... any ideas? :16:

Tova problem

here it is JanM in writting on here

REVIEW

what has happend to Tova?
"I agree with the previous comments about Tova Signature it used to be my favoutite perfume and I always received compliments about it. But since the packaging has changed it smells like a different perfume and disappears all most immediately. I will sadly not be ordering any more Tova Signature, until the problem is sorted out. Such a shame!"
Was this review helpful to you? Yes / No /Report inappropriate review

Response from QVC-UK:

By QVC Web Team, October 22, 2008
Thanks for your comment, Gjams. And thank you to all customers who have commented and made us aware of this issue with Tova’s Signature fragrance.

To let you know what we are doing to address it, Tova and the QVC Beauty team have posted this update:

"A number of QVC customers have recently expressed disappointment with Tova's Signature fragrance. As we take concerns about products seriously, we have been looking into the reasons why some customers have perceived that the product has changed.

During 2007 the formula for the fragrance was changed very slightly, resulting in some customers commenting that the scent had changed. QVC and Tova reviewed the product and did agree that inadvertently this had happened. As a result the formula was changed back to the original in the Autumn of 2007.

However, this does not explain why this year your perceptions of the product have changed so we are undertaking a further investigation. As I am sure you will appreciate, an investigation into a fragrance is
complex as we need to look into the formula, manufacturing process, the shipment, and the improvement in bottle design.

The investigation is therefore continuing and we will provide you all with an update as soon as it has been completed.

QVC Beauty & Tova"
19/11/08

Just come across this thread and would like to say thanks.
I asked for Tova for xmas as its the only perfume I have used for 8 years. After reading this I contacted my mother who had bought me the four little bottles and large tova sig set. She has opened it and tried all five perfumes. They do not smell!! She has contacted QVC who are sending her a prepaid envelope to return them no questions asked.

Just as a personal update to this, I bought some Tova Signature recently having not used it for about 12-18mnths, and enjoyed wearing it.
I met someone who I have not seen for about 3years and she said "oh you are wearing that lovely perfume again from QVC" - so to her it hasn't changed.
I also had a very good friend of mine say to me "Did you ever find a different perfume to wear?" and I commented that I hadn't and had gone back to Tova Signature even though there had been some concerns that it had changed and she said "I thought so, I can smell it on you and it is just as it was before".
Neither of these 2 people are QVC customers, and are just recognising a familiar smell. I am sure that it did change, but I didn't buy it during that period, to me it is just the same, thank goodness.

Just as a personal update to this, I bought some Tova Signature recently having not used it for about 12-18mnths, and enjoyed wearing it.
I met someone who I have not seen for about 3years and she said "oh you are wearing that lovely perfume again from QVC" - so to her it hasn't changed.
I also had a very good friend of mine say to me "Did you ever find a different perfume to wear?" and I commented that I hadn't and had gone back to Tova Signature even though there had been some concerns that it had changed and she said "I thought so, I can smell it on you and it is just as it was before".
Neither of these 2 people are QVC customers, and are just recognising a familiar smell. I am sure that it did change, but I didn't buy it during that period, to me it is just the same, thank goodness.

But they are using cheaper ingredients so it doesn't last as long. That is the main bugbear with people. Tova saying now to spray twice etc.

Here I am again, still hankering after trying Tova's "pah-fung" (as AY would say) - I see that everything showing currently on QVC is in straight bottles, would curvy, fancy bottles indicate older stock that's "safe"? I seem to remember them.

Whilst here, thanks to everyone for their encouragement - you might like to know (but I'm telling you whether you would or not ;) ) that I am 4 weeks and half a day away from my last smoke of tobacco :4: :eek: I can't believe it but it's true!

clemenzina

That's brilliant Clemenzina i'm going to have a lovely roll up in celebration :D

Latest posts

Back