QVC / Celebrity Dinner Party

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would go for a mixture of bonkers and the people I like, with guests who I think would add to the flow or the humour of the conversation.

Harald
Laura Geller
Simon Wilson
Anna Cookson
Jill Franks
Julian Balantyne
Alison Young
Tova

And I would hire Simin Brown to assist me withcooking and serving food.
The food would have to be authentic Mexican (as opposed to Tex Mex) cos that's my favourite.

Yes that's a good list. I would add some super hot pepper sauce to Jill Franks's taco! Then she would say: "Well [B]I[/B] have the hottest taco! None of your tacos are as hot as mine so there!

Good god. I'd rather watch Corrie whilst eating a bar of choccie and soaking me feet in the washing up bowl.

Lol. I'd rather watch Prisoner Cell Block H. I really loved that soap. It was a real late night one! That Harald character might be fun to invite! And how about Alexis from L'Occitane! She'd be checking all the soap! And what about that EasiYo woman with the rather pointy features and red wig?

What about Dawn Bibby? She could make a little wreath to decorate the table! And Eyenna Griffin! How about Anthony Heywood? (Worst presenter ever) and Trinny and Susannah. They could talk about tits! hahahaha!

What about Dawn Bibby? She could make a little wreath to decorate the table! And Eyenna Griffin! How about Anthony Heywood? (Worst presenter ever) and Trinny and Susannah. They could talk about tits! hahahaha!

I liked Anthony H. Head and shoulders above, the men who are there now

couldn't have any of that lot round at mine, I've only got one bathroom and it contains stuff from the dreaded high street, my "guest" bedroom houses an airer and the ironing basket rather than an extensive N N collection of bedding accessorised with Peony Flaars. Jill Franks would think she was visiting the Third World!

They wouldn't want to come round to my place either. I've got my bikes / books / gym equipment all over the place. I don't even have a laundry basket I just chuck all my sweaty gym clothes on the floor until I got enough to put in the machine! Suzy Adams could stroke my duvet and find that it's from PRIMARK! I have Dove liquid handwash in my bathroom (I really like Dove) as it's cheaper than l'Occitane and is non drying. 3 cheers for Dove soap with 1/4 moisturising cream!

Anthony Heyward. That's it, nobody else. Oysters for starters, champagne and strawberries for dessert, hhhhhhhhhmmmm now what could we have for the main course ?

I think you're becoming confused over the definition of dinner party.....that sounds more '9 1/2 weeks'......? :thinking: :giggle:

I think it would be fun to have us forumites who have or love pets, accompanied by their critters. Animals, well-behaved, at one table. Humans, not-so-well-behaved, at another. We would each bring a dish which reflected our family roots 'cause I think we're a UnitedNations group. And we don't identify ourselves. Entertainment would be guessing which pet belongs to whom. Then the real fun begins. Guessing who-is-who! We're more interesting than the Q-on-air talent, I do believe. And better-mannered. Well, maybe not that last bit. ;-)

Some of the other "oldies" like Kara Tritton could go on the list as well. I used to like Kara, Paul Lavers has been mentioned and he would be good. Glad Debbie Flint is back, she would be a giggle and I would have Julia Roberts too, although I would have to make sure that I had a veggie menu, so extra work!

I would have Ali Young with Will of course, he wouldnt be allowed to sit at the table though as he would be there to taste Ali's food and wine incase another guest tries to bump her off! The other guests would all be
' beauty experts' ..... Liz Earle, Keely Elemis, Fiona Decleor, Andrew Gatineau(sitting next to me of course!)
Of course I would invite Laura Geller, Mally, The mad Prai lady , Lee & SJ and Judith Williams... I might consider Jill Franks just to see how she gets out of saying ' I only use this product blah blah, '
And of course I would insist they all bring a bag of freebies for me!

I would invite:
George Simonton
Joseph Esposito
Ken Paves
Antthony thingy (whatever his last name is!)
The Birkenstock guest (I forget her name)
Laura Geller
The Frank Usher guest (I can't remember her name either! lol)
And me of course!

I think they would make a nice mix of fun, intelligent (or both in several cases! lol) & they would all have 'something to say' but all well-mannered enough not to 'take over'! I wouldn't have any presenters as they're all common as muck & twice as boring!

Don't think I'd bother cooking myself, I'd get the lovely & gobsmackingly talented Ash Mair (last year's Masterchef winner) to come round & cook us an unforgettable meal of several courses of his utterly moreish nom-nom food based on the Basque region that he so loves!

If only that could really happen.....! :mysmilie_46:

Especially Joseph Esposito!

I think it would be fun to pair the ones that are quite different - Dennis Basso and Carmel, Tova and Anne Dawson, Alison Young and Liz Earle etc.

Latest posts

Back