QVC / Celebrity Dinner Party

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
If you could invite any QVC guests / presenters and other celebrities to a dinner party, who would you invite? Why? What would you cook? What would you talk about? Who would you NOT invite? Why!

I would invite Tova, Alison Young, Alison Keenan, Caramel, Dennis Basso and Liz Earle and serve chicken wings in a tuna fish sauce and hire some tacky male strippers, then serve cheese on sticks, melon balls, avocado halves, grapefruit halves with glacé cherries on top, black forest gateau and Steak Diane!

Would be fun to invite Dennis Basso, Leighton Denny, Craig Rowe, Will Gowing and David Segal (from Chateau d'Argent), and book some female strippers! It would go down like a deflating balloon!

I would like to invite Michael Parkinson and Meg Ryan. I would say to Julia Roberts: "That's a nice dress. Very slimming! Is it a size 12 or a 14?!" Is it from Diane Gilman?!

I would invite:
George Simonton
Joseph Esposito
Ken Paves
Antthony thingy (whatever his last name is!)
The Birkenstock guest (I forget her name)
Laura Geller
The Frank Usher guest (I can't remember her name either! lol)
And me of course!

I think they would make a nice mix of fun, intelligent (or both in several cases! lol) & they would all have 'something to say' but all well-mannered enough not to 'take over'! I wouldn't have any presenters as they're all common as muck & twice as boring!

Don't think I'd bother cooking myself, I'd get the lovely & gobsmackingly talented Ash Mair (last year's Masterchef winner) to come round & cook us an unforgettable meal of several courses of his utterly moreish nom-nom food based on the Basque region that he so loves!

If only that could really happen.....! :mysmilie_46:

That's quite a classy list, Kitten. Would probably go very well so long as Ken Paves's hairpiece didn't fall off! If I wanted to have a really good party with people I liked and who would be fun I would definitely invite Paul Lavers (I know he's not on QVC any more). I don't think I'd invite Jill Franks. She would constantly be saying "I could not LIVE without this, and I've already got it anyway!" and "I normally do it that way!" It would be fun to invite Liz Earle and be all common! "Orite babes hows yer natural course vitamin E innit?!" I would love to be a fly on the wall at any QVC parties. All those egos in one room! Fantastic!

If I wanted to be utterly mean (which I could be, being as it comes so naturally to me! lol), I would dump one of the lady guests (sorry Birkenstock lady, you can't come after all!) & slot in JF, who would then realise (if she had the intelligence, debatable I know!) that in certain company she actually knows nothing about anything, is duller than a dull thing & is as common as the entire TOWIE cast put together!
(I don't think I could bring myself to do it though, amusing though it would be to say something frightfully rude & ill-mannered like 'Oh, look everybody, shall we all hold our knives & forks the way Jill does, oh that's hil-aaar-ious!'......!)
:mysmilie_62:

I'd like to invite Julian B,Laura Geller,Frank Usher Guest,Birkenstock guest,jilly halliday,guest from jackie kennedy and dale F.They all seem pretty normal down to earth people.

I'd like to ask possibly the van dahl lady as seems very funny,Claire sutton to see if she really speaks like that in real life and Catherine H because shes so complicated.

If JF and mally were coming,I'd be out at the cinema!!!!

I"d intive :_

Debbe F
Debbie G
Kathy T
Julian (in his t shirt)
Simon B :thinking:(topless)

All the women are great cooks, so they can bring all the food, and I think they"re fun and up for a laugh.
The men can bring the drinks, and i think Julian would be a laugh, and Simon just to look at :happy::blush:

That's a good list Barbs. I'm sure I read somewhere about Simon having a very hairy chest. It may have been on this forum or possibly on QVC. I like Dottie's idea of inviting Claire Sutton. She always comes across as a fake bimbette but for all I know she might actually be a very nice person. I'm not keen on Debbie Greenwood, so I wouldn't invite her. I might invite Suzy Adams to see if she turns up in her line dancing jacket and starts stroking the tablecloth! She might Kathy would be fun I think. How about Simon Wilson from Butler and Wilson and Jill Franks! loooool Could do a 70s style fondue party! Fabulous!

Last edited:
I"d intive :_

Debbe F
Debbie G
Kathy T
Julian (in his t shirt)
Simon B :thinking:(topless)

All the women are great cooks, so they can bring all the food, and I think they"re fun and up for a laugh.
The men can bring the drinks, and i think Julian would be a laugh, and Simon just to look at :happy::blush:

Good grief - I nearly lost my blueberry muffin then at the thought of Simon B topless!!!

Good grief - I nearly lost my blueberry muffin then at the thought of Simon B topless!!!
he he he. Sorry for the
shock, but if you watch my post "Simons morning routine" you"ll see what i mean, hopefully :cheeky:

I wouldn't want to spend any time with any of them, especially over dinner! However, if pushed I could go for a few glasses of wine, a good bitch and giggle with Miss Ali as I think I'd get on really well with her. :D

I couldn't stand the delusions of grandeur from most of the others (Debbie Flint excluded), and absolutely despise 'celebrities'!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I wouldn't want to spend any time with any of them, especially over dinner! However, if pushed I could go for a few glasses of wine, a good bitch and giggle with Miss Ali as I think I'd get on really well with her. :D

I couldn't stand the delusions of grandeur from most of the others (Debbie Flint excluded), and absolutely despise 'celebrities'!

I"m shocked LULU G wasn"t on your list, i think she"d be good fun and maybe bring a handbag as a pressie, instead of a
bottle of wine :grin:

I"m shocked LULU G wasn"t on your list, i think she"d be good fun and maybe bring a handbag as a pressie, instead of a

Lol. I'd be happy with the gift but she would do my head in a bit to be honest!!! :cool:

Doesn't anyone want to invite Kim M or Anne Dawson? No, really? Nor me!

To quote her advert / promo: You wouldn't just get her handbags, you'd "get her philosophy" AND you'd get HER!" Wow!

My guests would be Ali K, Ali Y, Nicky Birkenstock, Frank Usher lady, Debbie F and Dale F.

"in the kitchen" I would have Simon Brown making Moussaka and Fruit Crumble in non-stick roasters which conveniently sit side by side in the oven and Jilly Easyo could make cream cheese out of yogurt rolled in chopped nuts and a "delicious smoothie" with one of the many blender/processor TSVs.

For entertainment, we could have Suarti dancing to Danny HP's extensive music library on his laptop. After all that, I would book in for therapy and an Emma Hardie facial.

Ah yes, Suarti and her dancing. She looks like a snake that is being charmed out of a basket!

Latest posts

Back