QVC Beauty Awards 2011 - The Winners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just don't understand why on earth we should care about who won what, not one product that I voted for won, but it really is no skin off my nose and it will not make me change from the products I like and buy. Having said that I am not a fan of Liz Earle or her products but then I don't have to listen to her very superior spiel when she is on my tv....

Quite honestly I couldn't give a flying fig who won, but I am surprised at some of the winners. It's basically Liz Earle, Loccitane and bare escentuals. Considering the number of different brands available on QVC that does seem a bit odd.

My god I knew the Elemis gang were angry that Keeley & Elemis didn't win but they didn't have to start a riot in Tottenham!! Idiots...

*Sorry if anyone is offended by this post , Will understand if anyone presses the dislike button*

Oh the comments on Keeley's page are hilarious!! What a load of saddos!! Who cares whether Liz Earle, Elemis, or a tub of lard "won". :cheeky:

The desperate begging for votes before the result was announced was bad enough, but now the sour grapes and sycophancy are really quite pathetic!

Maybe some people need the validation of an "award" to justify spending frankly ridiculous amounts of money on so called miracle creams, and not getting that award has put a few Pro Collagened noses out of joint!!

'Tis like the Oil of Ulay riots of 1981 in L8 Darjos!

Jude xx

with apologies as required

Hello Ladies

Newbie here................ long time lurker but just got round to registering! I agree with what people are saying, the beauty awards are about the products themselves. At the end of the day, as long as you are happy with what you are using what do the awards matter anyway?

From what is being said on here I assume there are people on Facebook taking it a bit more seriously?? I'm not on Facebook so don't know what goes on, on there.

And what is the problem with Keeley & Elemis?? I use a few Elemis products because they work on my problem skin and give me good results (believe me I have tried loads of different products out there,!) and normally only buy them from QVC when they are on offer because of the cost etc etc, but also use other products.

Surely LE got so many votes because it's a budget brand and that's the demographic QVC appeal to. It's the beauty equivalent of Kim & Co. I wouldn't use either. Keely should just rise above it - LE to Elemis is like Kylie to Madonna; Bucks Fizz to Abba; Cliff to Elvis.

Hello Ladies

Newbie here................ long time lurker but just got round to registering! I agree with what people are saying, the beauty awards are about the products themselves. At the end of the day, as long as you are happy with what you are using what do the awards matter anyway?

From what is being said on here I assume there are people on Facebook taking it a bit more seriously?? I'm not on Facebook so don't know what goes on, on there.

And what is the problem with Keeley & Elemis?? I use a few Elemis products because they work on my problem skin and give me good results (believe me I have tried loads of different products out there,!) and normally only buy them from QVC when they are on offer because of the cost etc etc, but also use other products.

Hello, good morning & welcome Shiny :wave:

The awards would only matter to me if I was considering a change of product & I wanted to know how people rated it.
Q's range is fairly limited which is why I go to Makeupalley if I'm interested in something new.

Hello Ladies

I use Elemis too. Not sure why it happens but some people turn these sort of things into them and us. Almost zealots about the most weird things. There is a site and damn Strictly Come Dancing episode by episode is like the united nations(they are very very very anal). This is now happening on facebook with people taking things very personal about face creams. I am not a fan of Liz Earle who to me comes across as smugg etc. But hell I am not going to start a flame war over her products. Nor am I going to throw myself off a building because Elemis didn't win an award.

If we all like the same thing and wore the same thing and used the same thing life would be so boring. Oh well didn't win, move on.

What a surprise, NOT that LE has won 4 categories. I think the whole thing was fixed. LE first launched on Q many years ago and in my opinion it is the one range that is always pushed more than others. Is there some kind of tie in with LE and QVC I wonder. Even though LE is now mega rich and sold out to Avon her products are still on. When other ranges have been taken over by big companies you never see them again i.e. Aveda and Molton Brown. The fact that Decleor/Elemis got nothing is even more surprising and fishy!!

Decleor is now part owned/owned by Shisedo isn't it, Ojon by Estee Lauder I think, and Origins is another company that has a big name behind it too, but correct me if I'm wrong. But they're still on QVC. Some of the people shouting fix on FB are one's who have confessed to voting more than once for Elemis!

I couldn't give a monkeys who won what just wanted to wish Shiny a warm welcome to the forum.:flower::flower::flower:

What a surprise, NOT that LE has won 4 categories. I think the whole thing was fixed. LE first launched on Q many years ago and in my opinion it is the one range that is always pushed more than others. Is there some kind of tie in with LE and QVC I wonder. Even though LE is now mega rich and sold out to Avon her products are still on. When other ranges have been taken over by big companies you never see them again i.e. Aveda and Molton Brown. The fact that Decleor/Elemis got nothing is even more surprising and fishy!!

I don't agree that LE has been pushed more than other ranges, for ages AY never presented LE shows and she has been a bit snooty towards it.

If QVC wanted to fix the awards wodn't it be better for them to let all the major brands win something?

Hello, good morning & welcome Shiny :wave:

The awards would only matter to me if I was considering a change of product & I wanted to know how people rated it.
Q's range is fairly limited which is why I go to Makeupalley if I'm interested in something new.

Hi minim and Thanks for the warm welcome - your right the awards are only of any use if considering a change of product. I haven't heard of makeupalley, must go and check it out......I'll have to refrain from spending any money though, it's not pay day yet!

I use Elemis too. Not sure why it happens but some people turn these sort of things into them and us. Almost zealots about the most weird things. There is a site and damn Strictly Come Dancing episode by episode is like the united nations(they are very very very anal). This is now happening on facebook with people taking things very personal about face creams. I am not a fan of Liz Earle who to me comes across as smugg etc. But hell I am not going to start a flame war over her products. Nor am I going to throw myself off a building because Elemis didn't win an award.

If we all like the same thing and wore the same thing and used the same thing life would be so boring. Oh well didn't win, move on.

Couldn't agree more Donna.....................do people really get THAT worked up about Strictly Come Dancing????????????????? lol

Latest posts

Back