QVC And The Re-Selling Of Our Returned Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Right you heard it first today QVC finally at last admits live on air, that it's does send out

RETURNS

"Go on wait list it's not a guarantee, but there maybe stock later from people who order two different colours or sizes and send one back."

:wink:

Well wait till they are saying we only send out box fresh items and you can send back earrings it's no problem as we don't re sell them - yes right QVC :nod:

I can't remember the details, but my partner's handbag had something left in it from a previous purchaser, but otherwise it seemed as new.

The plan is for any ST member returning an item to QVC to pop a teabag (unused) into a pocket to alert any subsequent buyer (if they read this forum) to the 2nd hand nature of the item! (I don't take credit for this idea but I think it's excellent and worth restating for newer members!)

Jude xx

ok, I know I may get shot down for this but....... if the item appears new, why not? Marks and Spencer do it, Next do it, don't they?

ALTHOUGH I COMPLETELY AGREE THAT THE ITEM NEEDS TO BE THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY CHECKED FOR SIGNS OF USE

ok, I know I may get shot down for this but....... if the item appears new, why not? Marks and Spencer do it, Next do it, don't they?

ALTHOUGH I COMPLETELY AGREE THAT THE ITEM NEEDS TO BE THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY CHECKED FOR SIGNS OF USE

I completely agree. What do shops do with returned items, just put them straight back into the shelves.
What are QVC supposed to do with the returns?
Obviously there are items that can't be re sold but in general I don't see a problem.
If I was on waitlist and really wanted something I wouldn't mind say a bag or item of clothes that was a return as long as there was nothing wrong with it. Even un opened beauty products would be fine.

Yes the selling of returned items to the high street does happen.
I though maybe missing something here but do the likes of Marks or Next etc. take items back with tags removed.
I've yet to buy an item from them that may have been worn for up to thirty days.
When do the high street hide the fact that they put tagged items back out for sale, they don't, when do they take back earrings they don't and when do they put faulty items back on the sale, they don't.
Hence QVC don't have the same return policy, so the re-selling of items is different, isn't it.

When contacted by buyers how many times have forum members been told they don't sell returned items.
Even when my clothing purchases smelt of BO and curry with stretched seams, they wouldn't have it they were used items.

Last edited:
I've known people to take tags off, wear an item and then re tag and return it to a shop So you may not know that you are wearing something previously worn.
I am not saying QVC is right to send out all returns but can't really see anything wrong with sending out something in new condition.

I completely agree. What do shops do with returned items, just put them straight back into the shelves.
What are QVC supposed to do with the returns?
Obviously there are items that can't be re sold but in general I don't see a problem.
If I was on waitlist and really wanted something I wouldn't mind say a bag or item of clothes that was a return as long as there was nothing wrong with it. Even un opened beauty products would be fine.

:mysmilie_859:

Birchwood or Shrewsbury?

I don't think here's anything "wrong" with them sending out returned items, as long as:

-they don't deny it
-they check the returned goods thoroughly to ensure that they are still in their original condition and wrapping before sending out again
-they have rules as to what they will not send out - earrings being a good example.

Yes as long as its not cosmetic items no problems. Even shoes if you wear round the house and no marks on the soles shops will take them back.

Oh I had a friend who bought wore and then returned clothes to shops, usually going to a wedding. She didn't even try to clean them before bringing back either. Then Ann Harvey refused to take back a dress, it smelt of smoke(she was a smoker), the dress was wrinkled where she had been sitting and smelted of perfume too. She was totally outraged.:rock:

When I worked in Monsoon it was regular practise to re-tag and re-ticket after inspecting the item thoroughly. As long as something is as new I don't see a problem with it. The problem arises when it's obviously been worn/used ie, smells or looks used and that's down to poor quality control.

Yes the selling of returned items to the high street does happen.
I though maybe missing something here but do the likes of Marks or Next etc. take items back with tags removed.
I've yet to buy an item from them that may have been worn for up to thirty days.
When do the high street hide the fact that they put tagged items back out for sale, they don't, when do they take back earrings they don't and when do they put faulty items back on the sale, they don't.
Hence QVC don't have the same return policy, so the re-selling of items is different, isn't it.

When contacted by buyers how many times have forum members been told they don't sell returned items.
Even when my clothing purchases smelt of BO and curry with stretched seams, they wouldn't have it they were used items.

eeekkk!!! i'm intrigued - what reason did they give if it wasn't cos it was used for pete's sake?

i agree, it's not right to compare qvc with the high street. the hs don't tell you you can use it for 30 days and return and they don't insist they never sell returns.

the problem as i see it is it's not always obvious if something is unused.

eeekkk!!! i'm intrigued - what reason did they give if it wasn't cos it was used for pete's sake?

i agree, it's not right to compare qvc with the high street. the hs don't tell you you can use it for 30 days and return and they don't insist they never sell returns.

the problem as i see it is it's not always obvious if something is unused.

I was very new at the time to QVC and was unaware of here.
The person at CS I spoke to insisted they never ever sent out used clothing, to which I replied they must do in this case.
I told her the items really really stunk and infact I could assure her I'd never at that time eaten a curry.
Then she replied they would check them over on receipt of them back, to which I said I can assure you I haven't worn them as I've only just unpacked them.
Being so bad I'd no intention of even trying the items on.
At the time I was quite upset thinking they would think I was sending back stuff in such a state.
Shows how out of the picture and naive I was then, now I wouldn't feel so bad.

Right you heard it first today QVC finally at last admits live on air, that it's does send out

RETURNS

"Go on wait list it's not a guarantee, but there maybe stock later from people who order two different colours or sizes and send one back."

:wink:

Well wait till they are saying we only send out box fresh items and you can send back earrings it's no problem as we don't re sell them - yes right QVC :nod:

Better check your pelvic floor exercisers before you use them: if they smell funny, feel sticky or have any stray hairs stuck to them send them STRAIGHT back...

:sweat:

Better check your pelvic floor exercisers before you use them: if they smell funny, feel sticky or have any stray hairs stuck to them send them STRAIGHT back...

:sweat:

now, i restrained myself from bringing up the pelvic floor exercisers......:grin:

I was very new at the time to QVC and was unaware of here.
The person at CS I spoke to insisted they never ever sent out used clothing, to which I replied they must do in this case.
I told her the items really really stunk and infact I could assure her I'd never at that time eaten a curry.
Then she replied they would check them over on receipt of them back, to which I said I can assure you I haven't worn them as I've only just unpacked them.
Being so bad I'd no intention of even trying the items on.
At the time I was quite upset thinking they would think I was sending back stuff in such a state.
Shows how out of the picture and naive I was then, now I wouldn't feel so bad.

we were all naive newbies once bags :mysmilie_853: i take it there was no feedback from them once they received it?

The coconut mushroom handbag "accessory freebie" has to be one of the funniest things I've read on this forum, and Battersea Life, of course. :happy::happy::happy:

now, i restrained myself from bringing up the pelvic floor exercisers......:grin:

"Bringing up"? I hate to say this janie, but I think you've been sticking your pelvic floor exerciser in the wrong orifice :nod:

Latest posts

Back