Quick Grab It!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Been changed from the earlier ‘Awaiting Stock’ to now ‘Customer Cancelled’
Mine said ‘in process’ and now ‘customer cancelled’ which annoys me because I didn’t cancel. They should be honest and say QVC cancelled. I wonder if they will call us all as she told you Shopperholic - doubt it - but to be honest I don’t want a daft explanation as to what happened because we know what happened - it was a mistake. I just fancied the bargain 👍😂

Don't apologise Shopper, not needed at all, I would not be at all surprised if Q don't honour it and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as it is just hair stuff, and we should not be shocked by Q's behaviour, just amazes me how useless they are at times, but I like so many others still buy from them so serves me right really. My account says customer cancelled too, and I haven't so they are obviously going to use that as a way of wriggling out of it

Aw thanks Letz, I definitely think someone pointed it out I honestly do, apparently everyone is getting a phone call to discuss compensation, but then again it’s QVC for you, so if they said today is Wednesday the 27th of January, I’ve have to double check it. 🙏😘❤️ xx

Mine said ‘in process’ and now ‘customer cancelled’ which annoys me because I didn’t cancel. They should be honest and say QVC cancelled. I wonder if they will call us all as she told you Shopperholic - doubt it - but to be honest I don’t want a daft explanation as to what happened because we know what happened - it was a mistake. I just fancied the bargain 👍😂

I’ll ring them at the end of the week to check, deceiving someone is a massive bugbear of mine, I absolutely hate it (yet another reason I closed my QVC account) so if they think they’ve heard the last about this and think they can brush it under the carpet, they’re very much mistaken. 💪👍😜

What a surprise, mistakes like this one fall into a grey area of UK law. A Which? solicitor said that '...consumers also have to be aware that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is, and a company shouldn’t to be bound by what are clearly typing errors'. This was after M&S advertised a TV for £199 not £1,099 & Next did the same with a pair of sofas missing £1,100 off the price. M&S gave in after customers organised a petition, Next did not.

If you can see something in a shop which is mispriced, they don't have to sell it to you.

But if you buy it and pay for it, they can't then say the price was wrong and take it back, because the contract to buy has been completed

In law, when they show an item (such as in the shop window) it is an "invitation to buy", you then offer to buy, and if they accept your offer and take your money, that's it.

So if QVC actually took any money, they would have to send it.

If they confirmed the order, but didn't take any money, that is more problematic.

If they took your money, then refunded it to your card, I would think that was illegal, and you would be entitled to the item.

The wonders of Q.

I've just gone through the errors I know about and it is very mixed Q being unreliable in their response. I don't feel happy saying much more here as it is an open forum. I hope some people will follow this up. I'll stop there for now. 🤐🙄

If you can see something in a shop which is mispriced, they don't have to sell it to you.

But if you buy it and pay for it, they can't then say the price was wrong and take it back, because the contract to buy has been completed

In law, when they show an item (such as in the shop window) it is an "invitation to buy", you then offer to buy, and if they accept your offer and take your money, that's it.

If they confirmed the order, but didn't take any money, that is more problematic.

If they took your money, then refunded it to your card, I would think that was illegal, and you would be entitled to the item.

Thats true, but QVC are a billion dollar company and a law unto themselves. Remember, this is a company that defrauded charity and millions of customers by not refunding the p&p till they were forced to by being called out over it on national TV. I doubt they can even spell the word LAW, but have absolutely no trouble breaking it. 👍

Orders were confirmed by QVC email response

The unbelievable pieces of sh*t that QVC are!! They cancelled my order too after all the confirmations etc, however, on checking my bank account they don't look to have taken the money so I suppose I didn't buy it after all. I will double check though over the next few days as if they're cancelling orders they need to refund money at the same time.

I wasn't going to use the PK stuff anyway but I know my mum would have liked it for mother's day. Now I'll have to fork out £40 instead of £4 :D

One time I bought cans of cider in Morrisons and when I got to the checkout they shouldn't have been on the shelf and didn't have a barcode. I got them free! QVC should honour their mistake, although it probably runs into thousands of pounds.

CC

I checked my account and the payment is still pending, but thats happened sometimes when I have ordered something and quickly cancelled afterwards, the payment can be pending for days before it dissappears, Q told me thats what happens, when i have cancelled orders and queried it once, their systems must be archaic. I could call them up and have a whinge about it but I am not sure I can be bothered and it won't get me anywhere, I should have learnt my lesson by now

I checked my account and the payment is still pending, but thats happened sometimes when I have ordered something and quickly cancelled afterwards, the payment can be pending for days before it dissappears, Q told me thats what happens, when i have cancelled orders and queried it once, their systems must be archaic. I could call them up and have a whinge about it but I am not sure I can be bothered and it won't get me anywhere, I should have learnt my lesson by now

Aw that’s great Letz, if it’s still saying in process and not cancelled like other accounts, they might be letting some go, so fingers crossed for you 🤞

Latest posts

Back