Question re yankee electric tart warmer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sure that awhile ago, I read that you could use the votive candles to melt in the tart warmers. That would add even more variety, and use up my stash. Someone tell me I didn't make it up! TIA

That's just what I was after Kitten with Claws! Big hug. Will give it a proper go this weekend.

With regards to removing the tarts, I've not had a problem, I just put it on for a minute or so, switch it off and push gently with a butter knife around the edge and out it pops

I'm sure that awhile ago, I read that you could use the votive candles to melt in the tart warmers. That would add even more variety, and use up my stash. Someone tell me I didn't make it up! TIA

Yes you can use the votive candles in the tart warmers but you'll need to cut them up as a whole one would probably cause the wax to overflow when it melted. I've never done it so I would recommend to try a third and take out the wick if you can.

Ooh WeatherGirl, even more choices! ThankYouKindly, ILoveShopping. I bought the cutest micro-mini loaf tins (4) in a local shop's ClosingDownSale to put on top of the radiators, intending to melt tarts/votives in them. I have 2 electric tart burners, but will give the loaf tins a go this weekend. I like the idea of using a-third/half in the 'Cocktails'. Thanks for that tip! Need to use these up and then will try Darl's. x

easy with samplers, unwrap and put one on a tea towel or something so that it doesn't suddenly whizz across your worktop, place the sampler upright and then push the knife down the centre from the top so as to cut it in half, they are reasonably soft so its ever so easy to do, then peel the centre wick out, lift out using the metal disc on the bottom of the wick as its easiest and then put one half of the sampler in each of your tart burners. Sorted!

I dont know but is there less fragrance oils in the samplers? I always think the tarts have more of the concentration in, they smell stronger than the samplers

I dont know but is there less fragrance oils in the samplers? I always think the tarts have more of the concentration in, they smell stronger than the samplers

I think so too tristar. I have an open black cherry tart sitting in a burner in the hall and the scent permeates right through to the rooms adjacent. And when I burn a tart in the living room sometimes I find the scent so strong it's almost overpowering! Never had this with the samplers.

Latest posts

Back