Question about the Archos TSV Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jabbathehut

Addicted to Mulberry
OH and I are considering buying the Archos TSV, as it would be more compact to take to the States than our lappie, which we use to communicate with DD when we are away, and we send her piccies etc. too.

The only thing that we are unsure of is how do you upload pictures from a digital camera? Can you plug the camera straight into the Archos or do you need to utilize a Pooter?

Cheers for any answers peeps.

I dare you to phone in Jabba while the big cheese is on air.

I bought the Archos AV500 a couple of years ago from QVC, when it was a tsv, and have had nothing but trouble with it. I wouldn't touch another archos product.

Just my experience.

I bought an archos years ago, it was that complicted it gave me head ache, I watched the launch and they showed the back of it connected to a TV and there was loads of wires, Alison Keeting turned it back round pretty sharpish, probably didn't want every one to see how complicated it was, Just watching it demonstrated confused me, just my opinion but far from simple.

I had a Samsung NC 10 netbook for Christmas, from QVC because I needed the MBG (I'm a technophobe!), and had to put up with the p&p of over £30!. Its not in stock a QVC anymore.

Its a great little laptop, much lighter than the larger ones, and very powerful - for me anyway as I use it for e mail, internet, photos and some docs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-10-2-inch-Mini-Notebook-1-6GHz-Windows/dp/B001GZC8K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238866267&sr=8-1

Linda

I have this too and it is much better than the Archos TSV in my opinion. Battery life is 6 + hours which is good for a Netbook and the NC10 comes top in all the reviews i have seen.
Sadly i did not buy mine from QVC when it was on easy payments, Got mine from Argos interest free for 6 months!

Cdiscount.co.uk have it for 3 easy paymments and in three colours (blue, white and black).:22:

I had a Samsung NC 10 netbook for Christmas, from QVC because I needed the MBG (I'm a technophobe!), and had to put up with the p&p of over £30!. Its not in stock a QVC anymore.

Its a great little laptop, much lighter than the larger ones, and very powerful - for me anyway as I use it for e mail, internet, photos and some docs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-10-2-inch-Mini-Notebook-1-6GHz-Windows/dp/B001GZC8K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238866267&sr=8-1

Linda

I've got this as well can highly recommend it, and nowhere near as complicated as an archos and does much more

archos

I've said it before but I am gonna put the boot in again - Archos sounds a good idea but the programme guide was a nightmare and the helpline useless . I wouldn't ever buy another one . The extras cost a fortune too .

I've said it before but I am gonna put the boot in again - Archos sounds a good idea but the programme guide was a nightmare and the helpline useless . I wouldn't ever buy another one . The extras cost a fortune too .

Resurrecting this post as I was unfortunate enough to buy this Archos as a TSV and it's now been returned.

To load your DVD's onto it (as they say you can!) you have to convert to Archos' format which is not easy in itself (that's if it works at all !!) Neither me nor my techi son have been able to get our heads around recording from TV and to be honest, I've lost the will to live over this one :31:

All I want is something small (perhaps a netbook eg) to save my DVDs onto so I can watch something decent when on long coach journeys. Internet access would be useful for when I'm on the go but not gonna be used for "heavy stuff" as I've got a PC for that. Can anybody recommend anything that will do this without tearing my hair out trying.

Pauline x

OH suffered for days Pauline but after must angst got it up and running.

To be honest it was a Godsend in the USA and OH has been really pleased but then again both he and DD are very techy savvy.

You have to register your archos with archos and your connecting thingy as well - then you can record off the tv.

Did that - in fact did everything we should have done - and it just wouldn't have any of it.

I know when I'm licked, so it went back :52:

P xx

Latest posts

Back