Putting Q Products Through Its Paces

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

minim

Registered Shopper
Just come back from, to quote the Muppet Swedish chef, a" hotsy totsy" holiday where I had an unlooked for chance to put my Q products to the test.

Thank goodness for my Alpha-H Absolute Eye Complex
I thought I had left it at home. Whether it was the heat or the flight I don't know, but my eyes sank to the back of my head and stayed there! My mother's saying, "I've got eyes in the back of my head" came to mind.
Found it in one of the pockets in the lid of the case a few days later and it did the trick. Great product.

Was not so keen on:
Ultrasun SPF 30 for Face
Smelt horrible and made my skin feel dry so abandoned it & just used my usual moisturiser

Ojon Shampoo, conditioner, Volumizing Brush-On Mousse, Finishing Spray
The carefully decanted shampoo & conditioner I ditched after a few uses. Did nothing for me. I used the hotel samples which were fab.
Ditched what was left in the finishing spray can & bought VO5.
The mousse I kept & it seemed to work better with the hotel sample hair products.

Bobbie Brown gel eyeliner.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to use this simply because I took a low magnification travel mirror & couldn't see well enough to apply a decent line:doh:
I bought Maybeline Unstoppable eyeliner pencil out of desperation and amazingly, as long as I tight-lined it, it stayed put.

Have you Q products stood the test?

Totally agree on Ultrasun. I took it away on holiday but ditched it after 4 days. Took another week to sort my skin out after that. Really did not suit me at all

just returned some PK shampoo and conditioner which came as a set and seemed like good value,but they left my hair so lank and heavy looking that I had to return after just two uses,thank goodness for the mbg.ojon did the same for me when I tried that ages ago,the only high end range that works well for me is Aveda but even some of the cheapy brands in Boots make my hair look better than PK or ojon.

UltraSun SPF30 for the face was ok, but I cannot see how you could ever use it as a primer as it left a shiny film on my face and with the 30+ C heat make-up would've just slid right off (I also ended up with spots on my chin). The SPF20 Glimmer formula might be ok for our cold, cloudy NI summers but no matter what they say, fair ladies, don't use it on the beach or you will end up with a burned pelt, just like me. Still have red bits here and there.

Worst of the worst: Benefit SPF30 Mineral Sunscreen - applied ok (though the fine powder did go everywhere), looked ok, but after 2 usages the BOTTOM FELL OUT and all the expensive powder ended up on the floor. Considering sending it back for a refund because that is just not ok.

Latest posts

Back