ProStrong/QVC ProCal Fiasco

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sioux

Registered Shopper
Have been muttering darkly about this problem for months now and am starting to suspect we are being taken for mugs. :beer: Ladies of a certain age need to add ProCal extra calcium to their nail treatments and I can assure you it works. QVC and ProStrong having got us hooked on this product, have been unable to supply it since last September except in small amounts in 'Discovery Collections' which obviously contain lots of products one may not want. Have been on waitlists since September and have repeatedly asked CS what is the problem and keep getting fobbed off - apparently the product has not been discontinued. :angry: Tried yesterday to ask the question on air but QVC were having none of it. Well guess what - have suddenly realised I am a mug - any of my family or friends in the states can get me the stuff on QVC US for a better price, in a larger size and without the unnecessary add-ons! :devil: QVC UK you really need to take better care of your customers. Rant over.

Have been muttering darkly about this problem for months now and am starting to suspect we are being taken for mugs. :beer: Ladies of a certain age need to add ProCal extra calcium to their nail treatments and I can assure you it works. QVC and ProStrong having got us hooked on this product, have been unable to supply it since last September except in small amounts in 'Discovery Collections' which obviously contain lots of products one may not want. Have been on waitlists since September and have repeatedly asked CS what is the problem and keep getting fobbed off - apparently the product has not been discontinued. :angry: Tried yesterday to ask the question on air but QVC were having none of it. Well guess what - have suddenly realised I am a mug - any of my family or friends in the states can get me the stuff on QVC US for a better price, in a larger size and without the unnecessary add-ons! :devil: QVC UK you really need to take better care of your customers. Rant over.

Absolutely "spot-on" Sioux. I now refuse to buy ProStrong for exactly the same reason. I only use ProCal and The ProAdvanced Fluoride Strengthener. They work really well. I can't be bothered with the faff of all the other products. But you can't get those 2 products on their own (I am drowning in Liposome stuff! ) I don't buy their wretched collections any more now as you end up paying a lot for products you won't use. It's a pity because it works well for me.

Tried yesterday to ask the question on air but QVC were having none of it.

Enlighten us. Did they grill you from the gallery about what you were going to say before putting you through, or did you get through and got cut off. I've often wondered how it works when people go on air.

They did ask what I wanted to talk about and when I very politely and in a friendly voice said I wondered when ProCal would be back as it hadn't been around yada yada yada, they went away and came back after a few mins and said sorry - too many peeps were already lined up to ask questions. I asked if there was a black mark against my name as this was the 2nd time I had been fed the same line and that time no one phoned the show so why did they tell me no? She then rambled on about only so much air time and only so many questions can be covered - I deduce that if you have a question about a product they are showing and are prepared to rave on about how wonderful it is - then you may be in with a chance.

Incidentally CS phoned me today at lunchtime to say that ProCal was still an active product however they had no idea when it would be back but my waitlisting was valid for another month. I asked what use any of that info was, said I was getting it from QVC US and asked her to cancel the waitlist order. She sounded horrified about my getting it from QVC US, spluttered that it's not possible to order from here and rang off with the usual 'thank you for using QVC' after I explained that many of us have friends and relatives over the pond.:devil:

Good for you Sioux! About time they knew we're not stupid and can shop around!

I was also on waitlist for many months for a Procal set which cost £20.98. (I re-ordered when the waitlist expired) I then accidentally discovered the exact same set with a new item number and a new inflated price of £24.74 that was billed as an 'introductory price'!

I rang customer services, cancelled my waitlist and as I really wanted the Procal, I ordered and received the 'new' set a few days later. Both are still on the website although even the new set which I received in April is now on waitlist. Item numbers 225096 and the newer version 227994.

Latest posts

Back