Prologene / System Corps Reaction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cibmoir

Registered Shopper
I have been using the Prologene Gel/ System Corps from the TSV and I have developed a red spotty rash on my chest. Is it the Prologene Gel or System Corps. Has anyone else has this problem or could it be something else? I have been putting the Prologene on my facr with no probs. Any advice?
Thanks
Carol

Thanks I will try that. It is a shame cos I like to use the body lotion on my chest as it gets dry!

I'd bet its systeme corps - its full of mineral oil and no doubt fragrance too so maybe its something in their.

Is it? I had NO idea! I wish the brands/QVC would be a little more honest about what goes into their products rather than just saying it's natural or a prestige product. There's nowt prestige about mineral oil! QVC need to start listing the ingredients on site so people know what they are buying.

Yes lack of ingredients on the website is very annoying.

Interestingly if you look on the decleor UK website they will vaguely and exotically list as:

Coconut Oil, Meadowfoam Oil, Plant Glycoprotein, D Panthenol, Vitamin E Ester and Moisturising Agents

But go to the USA site and they seem to accommodate the more demanding American with:

Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, GLYCERIN, SORBITAN STEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL MYRISTATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, LYSINE PCA, STEARETH-100, CETYL PALMITATE, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CETYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED EXTENSIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN

So there is your answer for Decleor products :D

Is it? I had NO idea! I wish the brands/QVC would be a little more honest about what goes into their products rather than just saying it's natural or a prestige product. There's nowt prestige about mineral oil! QVC need to start listing the ingredients on site so people know what they are buying.

Could not agree more!

I now always assume that unless QVC states as part of the selling speel that a product is 100% natural or does not contain mineral oil, then it almost certainly does contain either mineral oil or something else you may not want.

I had to send the same TSV back - the hand cream made my hands so sore and itchy. I was surprised after all the gushing over this product, but wasn't prepared to waste £40 on it.

I didnt know this, i was under the impression that Decleor products were made from natural ingredients.

Ive used system corps for a few years and never had any problem with it, but i did read the list of ingredients on the hand cream as i havent tried this until this TSV and discovered its contains lanolin oil which my skin doesnt like.

I must admit i feel a bit cheated and know its made me think whats in the rest of their so called natural products.

Im not sure whether to send it back or not??

Over the last few months i too have developed a rash on my chest, i put it down to change in fabric conditioner. However i do like to whack on loads of prolagene from time to time. I'm not prepared to pay a fortune for Systeme Corps so use Johnsons Naturals baby lotion - its wicked! (And only £2). The rash i get are tiny lumps which end up being like little spots - is this similar??

I didnt know this, i was under the impression that Decleor products were made from natural ingredients.

Ive used system corps for a few years and never had any problem with it, but i did read the list of ingredients on the hand cream as i havent tried this until this TSV and discovered its contains lanolin oil which my skin doesnt like.

I must admit i feel a bit cheated and know its made me think whats in the rest of their so called natural products.

Im not sure whether to send it back or not??

Same here. I am annoyed over this. I started using the handcream yesterday and my hands are itchy. I can't use lanolin. I have only just realised that it is in the handcream. So much for top of the range natural goodie goodie ingredients. If we send it back it's a heavy item so that's the p and p wasted both ways. Well, famous last words but for me it's now only LE for any cream related stuff. I know that I am OK with her with all her products.

Grrrrr...

I am the same. I actually really like the hand cream (so far!!) But if I cant use the systeme corps on my chest then I might as well go back to L'Occitane. Thing is by the time you add up the postage to get it (I think it was £5.95) and what it costs to return I feel I might as well keep it and use the Prologene. Really disappointed as it seemed a good buy but now I cant wear anything with a v-neck!! Have been putting on Elemis SOS so hopefully it will clear up.

Yes Miniminx it sounds the same. Little tiny bumps under the skin and a red hue all over - Extremely attractive!! Now I dont know if it is Prologene or Systeme Corps - Sounds like they are both full of crap!!

Over the last few months i too have developed a rash on my chest, i put it down to change in fabric conditioner. However i do like to whack on loads of prolagene from time to time. I'm not prepared to pay a fortune for Systeme Corps so use Johnsons Naturals baby lotion - its wicked! (And only £2). The rash i get are tiny lumps which end up being like little spots - is this similar??

Don't know which one you are using but careful cos Johnson's are notorious for their use of mineral oils. (Scandalous as marketed for babies :() Is it truly naturals or just natural extracts and clever labelling?

Many of their lotions contain Propylene Glycol which is a cosmetic mineral oil and well known for skin irritation.

Mostly empty the containers and then return! What an earth are they going to do with a partially used container anyway so doubt makes any difference to them?

yep - i have it a few years ago and personally couldn't stomach the smell and was shocked when i read the ingredient listing. its not cheap either.

Don't know which one you are using but careful cos Johnson's are notorious for their use of mineral oils. (Scandalous as marketed for babies :() Is it truly naturals or just natural extracts and clever labelling?

Many of their lotions contain Propylene Glycol which is a cosmetic mineral oil and well known for skin irritation.

Yes............and........Johnsons baby shampoo is good for stripping varnish from wood!:ANYWORD:

Latest posts

Back