Products You Would Like To Try In 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I want to try the Phillip Kingsley elasticizer, as since menopause, my hair looks as if it belongs to Worzel Gummidge.

It's good stuff but you might be better off with Aussie conditioner Murgatroyd ....leave it on for a couple of hours I found the elasticiser hit and mainly miss for a lot of money and also ..l.charles worthington leave in conditioner in the red tube is amazing ....I get frizzy hair espeacially in summer but this has helped loads .ll

I agree about the Charles Worthington leave in conditioner, really good. Not overly impressed with Elasticiser after forking out for the litre tub. It's no better than lots at a fraction of the price, well not to me anyway though I know some swear by it. Using it up on the dogs :mysmilie_48:

I'd like to try Doll 10 make up. Haven't bought any of that yet. Is it any good for deathly pale skin? I use Fair in BM & Porcelain in B&B.

I agree about the Charles Worthington leave in conditioner, really good. Not overly impressed with Elasticiser after forking out for the litre tub. It's no better than lots at a fraction of the price, well not to me anyway though I know some swear by it. Using it up on the dogs :mysmilie_48:

I'd like to try Doll 10 make up. Haven't bought any of that yet. Is it any good for deathly pale skin? I use Fair in BM & Porcelain in B&B.

Doll 10 foundation is very pale. A bit too pale for me and I have to add a little of something else to darken so I think you'll be OK with it colour wise, the dropper is rubbish though would be much better in a pump bottle. I love the feeling of it on my skin compared to other foundations which I normally am desperate to remove ASAP. i don't like the bb drops though, you are meant to add drops to foundation or use under the foundation but I don't like the feeling or the shiny look of it on my skin. Did the opposite of what it should for me and magnified every mark and line on my skin which I normally consider to have no lines yet! LOL. I'm sending back. The lipsticks are great if you like a 'nude' look.

Last edited:
My mum got Philip Kingsley shampoo and elasticiser in TK Maxx and raved about it (she has bad hair). It's a brand I really want to try but I will get it from Q as if it's not up to it then I can return it. I also want to try those pies they sell. I ordered them before Christmas but someone really did eat all the pies as they were never delivered.

CC

I really want to try the Laura Geller Baked elements foundation - I wish they would bring it to the UK.

Just noticed on Salonskincare, they have Alpha H back instock, The prices arent great atm, so im hoping they have some good deals again soon :)

Ive ordered Liquid Gold to try again , Any hints and tips would be very much appreciated ta x

I'd like to try some Tarte cosmetics and Doll 10. I'd like to find a good primer that doesn't break me out or block my pores. I'm currently using a sample of laura mercier and it's not working for me. I might give the Becca one a try. I tried ultrasun face last year but l didn't get any of the mattifying Abi and Alison talk about I may try the Zelens one or it's back to skinceuticals.

Ive ordered Liquid Gold to try again , Any hints and tips would be very much appreciated ta x

I get better results when I wipe more than once. I wipe my face once, then it dries 2 seconds, then wipe again. This way I see less of clogged pores on my nose as opposed to wiping just once. I may try wiping three times when I get the patience to do so :)

I get better results when I wipe more than once. I wipe my face once, then it dries 2 seconds, then wipe again. This way I see less of clogged pores on my nose as opposed to wiping just once. I may try wiping three times when I get the patience to do so :)

Thanks for that tip , I normally use a Elemis Toner, Do i still tone or not bother the nights im using Liquid gold ?

If I'm using Alpha H cleanser I don't tone but any other cleanser I do. I often double cleanse using the alpha h one second so therefore no need to tone.

I'm no expert though but am getting good results. The Clinique lady told me I had lovely skin when I picked up some foundation the other day. I didn't mention I've stopped using Clinique skincare LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks for that tip , I normally use a Elemis Toner, Do i still tone or not bother the nights im using Liquid gold ?
Autumn Michelle says that if you use anything with LG it will dilute the results and is best used on its own. When I said that I wipe twice I didn't mean to say instead of a toner, I meant to say that I'm doubling the results as in a double cleanse. I use LGold on its own after removing make up or when not wearing make up just wipe with LG and it cleanses the skin very well.
Toner is used for lowering of the skin's pH (making the skin more acidic) after using a cleanser which is normally alkaline ,LGold is acid and if I remember correctly has a pH at around 3.

Ive been using Liquid Gold for around 10 days or so and i Love it!! Ive seen a huge difference in my skin so ive ordered the Night Repair serum for the nights i dont use Liquid Gold, Found a brand new one on ebay for £25 so thought it was too much of a bargain to refuse.

I tried AlphaH for the first time when it was the TSV.I like the Liquid Gold & the Balancing Cleanser although probably not enough to move me from LE C&P.I wrote ( I thought a largely complementary review) but it was rejected & I can't think why.There are so many different skincare ranges these days each one promising younger & better skin it would be easy to fly from one to the other spending £££££'s on the way!

Latest posts

Back