Problems getting to Forum page and QVC page using Nexus 7 android - it takes 4 mins

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Anyone else having problems? I can get as far as the Shoppingtelly.com home page and can select News or Hot Products but to get to the Forums page it takes up to 4 mins. I have noticed it getting worse for the last 3 days . All ok from my laptop.

If I click on Forum it just hangs for ages I've rebooted the Nexus tablet but it made no difference. I do notice that I am getting a message 'Chrome for Android does not support this plug-in' where there is usually an advert.

It's probably an issue with one or more of the JS scripts that are executed when loading the forum page. If it's possible to disable JavaScript in the browser, you could try that. I'm not familiar with Chrome on Android, but in the desktop version you can disable JavaScript for an individual host. In this case you would disable JavaScript for host forum.shoppingtelly.com. Disabling JavaScript will prevent other functions from working (e.g posting), so it's not a real solution. You also could try using an alternative browser. Dolphin HD is highly regarded.

Anyone else having problems? I can get as far as the Shoppingtelly.com home page and can select News or Hot Products but to get to the Forums page it takes up to 4 mins. I have noticed it getting worse for the last 3 days . All ok from my laptop.

If I click on Forum it just hangs for ages I've rebooted the Nexus tablet but it made no difference. I do notice that I am getting a message 'Chrome for Android does not support this plug-in' where there is usually an advert.

Can't say I've noticed the reponse time issues you mention, but ever since I've had the Nexus I've had the Chrome for Android message all the time.

Thanks for the info - response times are back to normal - no idea what the problem was. I got a new router at the w/e but it seems to be fine and all devices connected to it except that on some the wireless p/w had to be entered in uppercase whilst others like the nexus 7 were not fussy

Latest posts

Back