Problem with BM auto delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
I've had a letter saying that they're having problems with the BM Bareskin 6 piece collection, the second drop. Says...
" proved to be more popular than expected & working with vendor to get more stock."

Anyone else had this?
How can it be more popular than expected when it's the second drop? Surely they'd know how many after the first one!!

That is QVC speak for tough luck you are not getting it, don't hold your breath. Most ADs seem to go t*ts up with QVC, Nails Inc, L'Occitane, wrong colours not as shown originally etc cannot fulfil the other drops.

I had the same letter about a Yankee Candle Auto Delivery back in July, Breeze, and I also thought it was odd the set had apparently suddenly "proved more popular than expected" when it was the third drop so they had known about my and everyone else's AD orders for almost 6 months. I rang them and they said they had got the stock since the letter was sent so I would receive my AD set within the week, which I did.

I've used the Gayle Hayman Lip Lift (which is doesn't, but I like the texture) for years and have it on autodelivery. I would have thought that being an autodelivery customer would give some sort of priority but I've lost count of the number of times I've received a letter saying that due to high demand my delivery can't be fulfilled. Then they have the ****** nerve to advertise it again!

I wonder if they work on the theory that a certain percentage of orders on AD will be cancelled and if fewer than expected are cancelled then they don't have enough stock. It's still poor though as they should take orders for the level of stock they expect to receive and then sell surplus as a separate item.

I've had a letter saying that they're having problems with the BM Bareskin 6 piece collection, the second drop. Says...
" proved to be more popular than expected & working with vendor to get more stock."

Anyone else had this?
How can it be more popular than expected when it's the second drop? Surely they'd know how many after the first one!!

I read proved more popular than expected to mean - we realised we could increase the price of the set and sell it to customers who missed out on ordering the AD, and that takes priority over the customers who bothered to order the AD.

They're supposed to be a massive global company yet, Ideal Worlds auto delivery is miles better, you can order any time not just on the day, the price is locked in and you can pick how often you want it delivered from, but the best thing is, if you forget about it and miss your next drop, you go in to your account and resume it by the click of a button. Why QVC can't get it right I don't know.

I too have now had the AD letter - not impressed as they say they will cancel if they can't supply in 30 days - I'm sorry I thought we had a contract ?? I ordered early on the day to ensure I got it and have also bought loads of BM from them - I wouldn't have ordered as a single drop as I didn't need blusher, Lippy and more brushes ....grrr

I got the letter too. Just phoned customer services and have been told its Bare Minerals fault for not supplying the stock. Pass the buck why dont you. I'll not be ordering any more ADs as this is the second time this has happened. They are just so unprofessional in the way they are trying to run their business.

I've emailed them for an explanation of just why this has become a problem & trusting that,as the reliable company they purport to be, the auto delivery is going to be honoured. No reply yet, not holding my breath.

Just a quick update -I emailed C S and they have responded to say mine's on the way (hurrah). Sorry to anyone who isn't getting theirs and for what it's worth I'm not impressed - it'll make me think twice about AD in future

Latest posts

Back