Prices, P&P etc etc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
I read all the time about people getting bargains from L'Occitaine, YC.....well the list is endless.

To be completely honest I am sick of it, sick of QVC.

My mum is housebound, she relies on QVC for presents etc.
If I bought everything for her she would have no independance at all.

For a start they need to do something about the prices.
It is unfair that they sell items in the shops or online CHEAPER than what they sell on QVC.

The P&P is scandalous. When you do find a bargain, by the time you add on the P&P for it, it is no longer a bargain!

I know I could buy things online for her, but she would have to wait for me to be there as she doesn't know how to use the laptop at all.

QVC need to do something about the prices and more importantly do something about the P&P.

Many of the T callers are from people who are housebound and if you notice, quite often they will ask about something else being in stock. The presenter will ask them to stay on the line and someone will help them. It's obvious they aren't computer literate, in fact they often admit to not having access to the internet. I think QVC plays on this and quite a lot of their business must come from vulnerable people who know no better than think they're getting a bargain. QVC as an organisation is so huge that they simply don't care, despite what they'd like us to believe.

I've not bought anything for 2 months. I've seen the light. I have been increasingly disappointed when items have arrived and was spending a fortune on P&p there and back.
I

Amazon for me every time, (got some Skechers boots from them today, £39 and free p and p) but I really feel for those who do not have the internet and are getting ripped off by QVC. It incenses me that they waft on about not stuggling in to town which almost seems to equate to the Labours of Hercules in their eyes yet they expect people to fork out well over £2 p and p for each item they buy. Makes a mockey of the purchasing power they like to boast about....

Last edited:
I agree, I am struggling to remember the last thing I bought from QVC - it may have been almost a year ago!

I was looking forward to the l'occitane xmas TSV...same old, same old. Have since switched to the BodyShop, and the Hight Street.

Was looking forward to the Laura Geller TSV - how disapointing that it was two cobbled together palettes. I love LG for her baked goodies, and tend to buy one, or 3 TSVs, sometimes for the Balance and Brighten alone!

No longer buy Liz Earle - although I do still like superbalm, and her exfoliator is fab.

Love A'kin, but buy it elsewhere for a lot lot less!!!

To be honest, moving house 2 months ago, and then faced with possibly losing my job in March, I have less time, inclination and money to witter away on Le Q.

Still take care of myself, and enjoy pampering sessions, just not prepared to pay over the odds and rip off p&p to do it!

I agree with the OP and others that QVC do seem to be targeting those who do not have the internet or who maybe housebound. Their P&P costs are ridiculously high compared with other online retailers.

I was watching a Leighton Denny hour on the beauty channel at the weekend. Saw a couple of colours I liked, checked out the price on QVC including P&P( I always factor in the P&P costs in the total and not just the the item price), which would have cost £21. 95. Looked on Helenmarks and the same 2 bottles, with free P&P cost me £22. so Q's buying power would have saved me a whole 5p! Ordered Monday arrived Wed am.

Also remember that the saving isn't always the money. I was interested in Perricone MD's Lip Plumper, which I have used before. When I see something I might buy from QVC, I always compare elsewhere first and ended up buying directly from Perricone's own website. The saving wasn't massive - about £2 when you factor in P&P from QVC (Perricone send it P&P free) but the product arrived within 48 hours, via courier. Allowing for the fact that you're paying higher than courier prices from QVC, I'm astounded that their products are shoved in second class mail, which gives you at least a week's wait, not taking into account rotten weather! You still get a 30 day refund guarantee but you won't get easy pay, but that's not much of an incentive anymore.

Latest posts

Back