Price increases ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
I notice a few people on Q`s facebook page commenting that prices seems to be increasing by roughly 10%. This increase is on existing stock not new stock and it appears Q are removing videos showing the original prices.
It also seems to fit in with comments elsewhere on FB that Q UK are in financial trouble, barely making a profit last quarter according to the original poster who has a relative working at Q.
It appears the big noises recently had a meeting and it looks as if big changes could be afoot. One concern of theirs was how many customers had been alienated by the way they`d been treated by Q related social media groups and I`m wondering if this is why one particular presenter has now distanced herself from said groups.
Add to this the cancellation of the Beauty Bash and the BCC events and it makes you think all is not well at Q Towers.

Yes, I read the post on Facebook in the private group. Very interesting and I will say true!

People will no doubt jump on which presenters need to go, but if they make their sales targets they will stay.

All I will say, "QVC, you want my custom? You better work bitch!"

Yes, I read the post on Facebook in the private group. Very interesting and I will say true!

People will no doubt jump on which presenters need to go, but if they make their sales targets they will stay.

All I will say, "QVC, you want my custom? You better work bitch!"

Was it the private group that DF's bestie runs? I got dumped from that one and still don't know what sin I committed to get me removed.

Was it the private group that DF's bestie runs? I got dumped from that one and still don't know what sin I committed to get me removed.

Good lord no. It`s a group who are quite the opposite and want nothing at all to do with DF, her minions or her bestie.

Good lord no. It`s a group who are quite the opposite and want nothing at all to do with DF, her minions or her bestie.

I joined a few different Q groups but I think DF's bestie doesn't allow anyone to remain in hers if they're also in others. I like to see all points of view so found it refreshing that some allowed a bit of Q criticism.

I notice a few people on Q`s facebook page commenting that prices seems to be increasing by roughly 10%. This increase is on existing stock not new stock and it appears Q are removing videos showing the original prices.
It also seems to fit in with comments elsewhere on FB that Q UK are in financial trouble, barely making a profit last quarter according to the original poster who has a relative working at Q.
It appears the big noises recently had a meeting and it looks as if big changes could be afoot. One concern of theirs was how many customers had been alienated by the way they`d been treated by Q related social media groups and I`m wondering if this is why one particular presenter has now distanced herself from said groups.
Add to this the cancellation of the Beauty Bash and the BCC events and it makes you think all is not well at Q Towers.

Perhaps that's the reason they hang on to your money for so long when things are returned for a refund. I'm darned tooting it doesn't take 14 days to get back to them but that's what they say. Any expensive item always takes the full 14 days to be refunded and cheaper things only take a few days.

I'm really not surprised QVC is going down the pan, I mean for five days Ideal World have offered free p&p on absolutely everything, that's along with their free returns, so I've they can do it. Just shows that QVCs greed has come back and bit them on the bum.

I'm sure there's been a marked increase in Advanced Orders now too - perhaps lower stock inventory if QVC pennies are tight ?

If you have a problem, the first thing to do is stop it getting worse... then work out how to fix it.

The thing is, there are so many things which QVC, in their complacency and arrogance, have allowed to fall badly behind the competition.

Being on TV is no substitute for having a functional website and other digital platforms, but theirs are not reliable or fully functioning.

On the tv they have encouraged their presenters to use market-stall techniques to sell premium products... and they don't allow enough time to present properly.

And don't get me started on the farcical P&P excuses. They pay for the business's running expenses...

And every presentation seems to be a shouting match between presenters and guests. Very off-putting. I never watch live any more. I whiz through on Sky+ and mute if I stop to watch.

My planner is also stuffed with QVC or my computer studded with screenshots as things are often not as they're presented.

I'm not on FB but for a good laught I read the visitors posts. Would someone please explain to me who the following people are?

Linda Magistris who seems to post from everywhere about everything - the latest being about Priness of Wales the one before about tatty lighting and DBF book and photos of her husband/partner (why?)

Lorna Ko who despite selling tatty fountains keeps posting photos of herself pouting like a page 3 girl and draped over someone in the green room

Also did I read correctly that model Beth is the brand ambassador for Prai. Does that mean she will be presenting or just gushing about it during shows?

I'm not on FB but for a good laught I read the visitors posts. Would someone please explain to me who the following people are?

Linda Magistris who seems to post from everywhere about everything - the latest being about Priness of Wales the one before about tatty lighting and DBF book and photos of her husband/partner (why?)

Lorna Ko who despite selling tatty fountains keeps posting photos of herself pouting like a page 3 girl and draped over someone in the green room

Also did I read correctly that model Beth is the brand ambassador for Prai. Does that mean she will be presenting or just gushing about it during shows?

Linda Magistris is a guest for a variety of home decor products (like the radiator covers that they had on a few times last year).
Lorna Ko does a bit of journalism, flogs some more utilitarian beauty products, shower heads and various hoses and fountains - rather a multipurpose guest, again mainly in the home and garden departments.
Cathy Kangas did have a man deputising for her as the Prai brand ambassador, but it's not impossible that Beth may be stepping in. I'm surprised they don't get Cordelia who models for Prai to do it, but perhaps Beth did better in the audition process?
I think most of the guests who are not directly part of the brands they represent feel far more vulnerable after many disappearances of long-established brand ambassadors and clutch onto whatever goodwill they get by singing the praises of the queen bees (Debbie and Julia) literary efforts etc. Lorna Ko interviewed Julia about her book for some Chiswick mag (not clear if this is one for the whole of Chiswick, or only for Chiswick Park - as in QVC).

Thank you MMOL - sorry to say all those posts I find rather nauseating, very much the me me me type.

Totally, but I bet if you have a real fear that your job is constantly under threat, then you might stoop to levels of sickening sycophancy in a bid to secure your position.

It's quite funny to go onto Amazon and QVC-spot the review on Julia's and Debbie's literary efforts.

Some of it is shamelessly courted by the queen bees themselves of course - whether with promises of rewards, or veiled threats, who knows. I'm sure they would say it's all friends wishing each other well, but I'm not convinced!

qvc putting up prices is not good business practice. speacially as the items sold are not always the best quality

I`m wondering if they`re sneakily increasing prices now because in their planned 2017 "revamp" they`ll bring about some kind of postage deal, such as capped or lower p and p and the backdoor price increases will offset this ? Just a thought.

I noticed paversShoes have always delivered as many pair of shoes/slippers for £2.99, now they say for next day delivery it's £4.99, most of the qvc offerings charge £5/£6 for anything up to 7days delivery. It really is time QVC sorted out their p&p. I now think twice before ordering anything , and I always check the postage.

Latest posts

Back