Presenters who have had work done on face

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is quite interesting to see the late Stella Tennant's pictures in the media today. She was still modelling 30 years after she started, and her face looked refreshingly natural. Some can seem to get by without homogenising their looks to an imposed idea of what a more mature woman should aspire to.

It is quite interesting to see the late Stella Tennant's pictures in the media today. She was still modelling 30 years after she started, and her face looked refreshingly natural. Some can seem to get by without homogenising their looks to an imposed idea of what a more mature woman should aspire to.
She had the most wonderful bone structure & I think she looked very much like her grandmother. I saw a photo taken when she was at the height of her fame, the light was behind her & illuminated the hair on her arms; if ever people thought models didn't have to be anorexic they should see her lanugo. Very sad.

I don't care what they have done. Their face, their money, their life. But if you have "help" be open and honest and don't claim its the gloop in the pot.

Sadly I think having some help is now normal. I never thought I'd have anything done but thoughts do visit me. Only a peel. Want it but a bit frightened. I did Tret earlier in the year and it didn't go well. I don't need that type of pain for weeks again.

How do you notice? What are the signs? I never know.
Tell us about the tret? You mean Tretional, in the wee tube? Dis you have lots of peeling? My friend had it for acne years ago.

Tell us about the tret? You mean Tretional, in the wee tube? Dis you have lots of peeling? My friend had it for acne years ago.

I don't have reactive skin. I'm 56 no great acne as a teenager, no hormonal spots. Can eat what I want. It is thirsty, not dry but can easily do 3-5 lots of a toner most days. (But I'm hardly ever far from a glass of water, Mother often calls me sip and a bite as I drink so much, always have.)

I signed up to Dermatica, an online Pharmacy. You answer a few questions, send some "mug shots" front, left and tight profile, say your concerns. They then sort out a prescription for you. Send a tube 15ml.

I started with two pumps every third day as I'd not used any "retinol". Nothing much happened. No peeling, no pink bits, no red, nothing visible, BUT oh it started to tingle. Strong tingle. I continued. After a month I went to every 2 nights then 3, then 2, 3. But nothing to see. I know it's a long haul not a fix in a week. But by about 6 weeks everything hurt. Every single thing, but no pink, no red, no itch, no peeling. By this point we were in look down and the world upside down. I had to give up. That lasted about a month with my trying to repair my skin. But nothing to see to repair, so it was difficult. I'd never experienced any issues so it was tricky and everyone else dealing with the Pandemic.

I went back and doing something called buffering I think. Putting a moisturiser before and after. But after 2 werks doing the two nights three nights routine the burning started again. I mean burning, my skin turned crazy painful. I was using REN ultra calm cleansers but couldn't use a flannel to wipe off, just rinse with tepid water and dab dry with soft towels. I used LE Cicaplast (pink tube) to help repair. But went onto everything for sensitive skin that I had.

Took ages to sort out. I want to try again as I'm much better educated now. But I'm still very frightened, yes frightened as I really don't want the pain and months of recovery. I'd have have something like CeraVe as a cleanser and they have a repair cream. So I'd do some repair work from the very start.

Dermatica were superb with me. Offered me a consultation on the phone. I did what was recommend but took ages. But nothing on the peeling front, no pink no red, nothing. Just lots of pain. I did document bits and I would highly recommend that someone journals what they do. I was in trouble by the time I was taking serious notes. Remember that I don't usually react to anything, therefore
was not expecting such a strong negative experience.

Sorry for the War and Peace, I'm watching Christmas Songs and bits of films. Waiting to see a Welsh soap where someone is back from the dead!! I can't complain as he's enjoyable on the eye, but story line is for debate.

Latest posts

Back