Presenters' Sales Figures

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Picking up on the point in the BE TSV thread about AY telling porkies to increase sales, do the presenters get brownie points/commission/pats on the back/bigger salaries for selling more products during their shows? Just wondered.

Ive often wondered that too, surely they do always think the product they are selling is that great :thinking2:

Presumably why JR bags herself all the 'decent' shows - I mean, when does the Butler & Wilson tat not fail to sell out on virtually every item? *snigger*

It all goes under 'performance'-they get reviews like anyone else employed and they get figures of how they are doing/where they need to improve-whether they need extra training etc. I don't know about commision-I only know about the reviews as I know someone who guests on there and she was talking to one of the presenters about it:wink2:

I don’t think they get performance related pay, but they may get bonuses.

I remember Julian saying how good a product was when he stopped by another presenter's hour, he followed it up by saying but don't buy it during this hour buy it during mine later. About a minute later he was quite anxious to point out that they aren't commission based, could have been a bit of a slip up methinks.

They DO have a chart of who sells most as one of the presenters mentioned one of the others always being at the top (this was a couple of years ago now though). Remember thinking at the time that it cant be a fair representation because some product categories will always sell more than others no matter who is presenting.

Bet

Funny, I was just about to start a thread on this!

I question weather they get commission because it would be really easy for them to over sell (can't believe I'm saying this) - Julia, Pipa and Catherine are very relaxed, with Alison being like a bull dog in a pet shop.

I also agree that they must have regular reviews though I don't feel comfortable with a table of best sellers - if you were bottom of the list you'd feel pretty undermined.

I believe AY is being bullish in an attempt to hold unto her job, as they cant argue if her sales are phenomenal can they:?:

Even she is well aware that there are better qualified, younger and much more attractive beauty therapists more than willing to fill her shoes ( or should that be riding boots:?:)

I remember Julian saying how good a product was when he stopped by another presenter's hour, he followed it up by saying but don't buy it during this hour buy it during mine later. About a minute later he was quite anxious to point out that they aren't commission based, could have been a bit of a slip up methinks.

I feel a bit sorry for Julian - he always seems to get all the really naff products to try & flog dumped on him, yet he's one of the more 'normal' presenters I think & although he may not necessarily be the sharpest crayon in the QVC pencil box, he does at least ask relevant questions of the guest presenters etc.
I guess he must be at the very bottom of the pecking order then?

A while ago someone posted a link to a newspaper or magazine article that did a kind of 'behind the scenes' reveal on QVC.

I think it did mention tv screens off studio displaying product numbers sold, sales revenue etc which quite surprised me.

Not sure about the commission angle - they must have some items (like the Butler and Wilson stuff) that have relatively low stock numbers to start with, thus it's no great achievement to get a sell out of one of those.

What I'd like to know is their salaries!! :glass::smirk:

I have always wondered what a typical salary is at QVC or how it is structured. It must be worth doing the job as presenters seem to stay a long time once they are established. It might even curb my QVC habit knowing what I am contributing to.

Latest posts

Back