Presenters nails

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They maybe have a discount arranged with a local salon (or salon chain) few companies would pay for an in-house service these days.

Jude xx

i can remember a few years back there was a big thing made by some of the presenters that the presenters as a team,had been given the opportunity to have a make over at certain hairdressers (richard ward??)

I can remember KT being very honest in that process being instrumental in growing her hair.

I would still suggest that other than these one off perks...their grooming is still down to them.

I'd rather have the nails of our Q presenters any day compared to the obvious false nails of those presenters on the jewellery channels. HAVE YOU SEEN THEM ???? The camera really goes for the close up and then you see them, the scruffy natural nail growing under the false painted one on an over-tanned hand UGH ! UGH ! UGH ! It didn't ought to be allowed.

Iv cleaned five lavs today, try doing that and see what it does to hands and nails. I guess not many of them do this!
I cleaned two:angel:Dont u wear rubber gloves? I wouldnt do it without them , mind u my nails are still atrocious, based on them q wouldnt let me in the building:mysmilie_468:

Don't use gloves. I empty the bowl, combination of steam cleaning and Cif with a toothbrush. My hands are raw, cant wait to put a great thick layer of Locitanne handcream on bedtime.

I remember Dave Bradford saying that when he started at Q he had bitten nails and had to have acrylics (or other fakes) til his own nails improved. (Why do I remember this shite?)

In the 80s when I worked at M&S as a student, they had a hairdresser and chiropodist for the staff and the performance appraisal included marks for appearance and grooming. When I briefly went back to work at M&S a few years ago these services had been axed and the fabulous staff restaurant reduced to a fridge of sandwiches or a nuke-it-yourself microwave...such a shame!

QVC is just a department store afterall, there's probably an accepted standard of appearance.

When I first watched a jewellery show I wondered whether they have their ears professionally cleaned - or at very least inspected before going on air? Well it's impossible to check one's own ears for the exacting standards required for the earring close up!

Jude xx

My first job was at a Sainsbury's and we weren't allowed nail polish, but they had to be good. And sometimes the female managers would inspect them!

One of the worst things for your hands and nails is working with paper. It's so drying. My grandma's cousin was a secretary all her working life and had the most fabulous hands. I never worked out how she managed to keep her hand moisturised without getting sticky hand cream all over the paper and typewriter. Then one day, a few months after she passed away, I tried some Mavala hand cream in a department store and realised that I recignised the smell. It was 'her' smell, from her hand cream and I had discovered her secret!

I think AY keeps her nails very well groomed but surely she cannot possibly do facials etc with nails that long!!!! would take a couple of layers off the client's face or wherever.

Don't use gloves. I empty the bowl, combination of steam cleaning and Cif with a toothbrush. My hands are raw, cant wait to put a great thick layer of Locitanne handcream on bedtime.

Maybe gloves would be a good idea? try getting the ones with cotton lining , and I always put handcream on before I put the gloves on helps your hand looking and more imprtantly feeling lovely - at least it works for me

When I first watched a jewellery show I wondered whether they have their ears professionally cleaned - or at very least inspected before going on air? Well it's impossible to check one's own ears for the exacting standards required for the earring close up!

Jude xx

I now have a picture in my head of a little mini Karcher pressure washer having their lugoles blasted.

...and the Karcher secretly bought from Ideal World Ali! Oh the shame if this ever got out!

Jude xx

Mini pressure washers for your ears... I'm surprised no ones thought of it before. Ring the patents office quick - we're onto a winner.

with LED lights so you can sloosh out your lugholes in the dark!

...and 10x magnifying mirror

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back