Presenters feast or famine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Looking at the TV guide some of the presenters seem to be on all day over a 2 day period and then off for a period.

This is ok when the day is mostly made up of something you aren't that interested in together with one of the gobby presenters but when it is a day of interest (few and far between I know) and it seems to be chuntley (substitute the one which annoys the hell out of you) on ever show boy but it is annoying.

the odd hour might, just might, be watchable without sound, but unnecessary brand ambassadors together with the same presenter at every other show is just too much.

Yeah CH seems to on an awful lot lately. If she Pippa or Sara are on I have to switch over right away. I can't seem to take more than 15-20 mins of Julia either because her voice does my head in. Where is the guide btw? does it let you know which presenter is going to be on which show?

Maybe they are covering for sick colleagues. There are enough viruses going round at the moment to fell a herd of elephants. I think their schedules have to be really flexible to cover each other at short notice.

Turning up to work with a cough, cold, streaming eyes and nose, etc. is perfectly ok for most of us, but for tv presenters... No.

There have been recent threads on here complaining about presenters coughing, but they really weren't that bad - any worse and they would have been taken off screen - providing there's an alternative presenter to take over. So longer hours and more repetition.

And we've recently seen how difficult it is to recruit quality talent lately!

I was thinking earlier that Anne Dawson hadn't been on for a while unless she is on during the day

Yeah CH seems to on an awful lot lately. If she Pippa or Sara are on I have to switch over right away. I can't seem to take more than 15-20 mins of Julia either because her voice does my head in. Where is the guide btw? does it let you know which presenter is going to be on which show?

Just under home there is the choice of recent on air items, TSV, on air item, etc and it is just above presenter blogs. It gives listings for a couple of weeks and yes it gives the presenters. It replaces the paper guides which used to come with each parcel.

I've been a sleuth, she says on her QVC blog she is off for a while having had shoulder surgery.

... shame it isn't surgery on her vocal chords ... :smirk:

... actually its quite rare for me to watch QVC nowadays - and if I do, I always turn the sound off. I cannot stand it when the presenters go on about their own family members/lives - I'm not in the slightest bit interested. Just tell me about the product - that is what you are paid for. Oh, and while I'm on the subject - the next time Flinty or Roberts plug their "books" on air - they should be fired...

I cannot stand it when the presenters go on about their own family members/lives - I'm not in the slightest bit interested. Just tell me about the product - that is what you are paid for. Oh, and while I'm on the subject - the next time Flinty or Roberts plug their "books" on air - they should be fired...

With you there BooBoo! I got quite fed up with Huntley on Yankee Candles yesterday. She spent to so much time banging on about herself and the fact there were so many tweets she would barely have time to read them and what HER fave fragrances were that I felt we barely spent time on the candles themselves.

Latest posts

Back