Presenter's And Their Very Popular Bracelet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really disappointed that the Advanced Orders didn't include the buy one get one cheaper option and when I ordered from my laptop this morning it wasn't clear that this was the case - and as I ordered one in each colour it should have been quite a saving - it was only when I checked out that I realised I had spent a few quid more that I was planning! So I rang up Customer Services in case I'd needed to order via an operator to get the cheaper deal. The girl I spoke to was really helpful and although she couldn't offer me the same deal she did give me free p&p on a couple of the bracelets. So although I missed out on the big bargain I did get a few pounds off.

yes i get that but surely they'd have made a lot more profit if they'd had another few thousand? with all the hype, i think they'd have sold out just as fast without the £5 off thing. the necklace went before it had even got a mention.

Starting with a lower level of stock, confident it will sell out, reduces the risk to QVC: they can exactly order the next batch to fulfil the Auto Delivery orders (little wastage) and the quick sell out works to build up the bracelet's perceived desirability.

Jude xx

woman on the 12:20pm show has just been saying how hard it was to get a advanced order deal!!!!!
How stupid do QVC think we are? They already mentioned at midnight that there will be advanced orders, now we are meant to believe that even at midnight the buyers were on the phone trying to get more?
Or for heavens sake
and they want us to think that presenters have credibility
rant over, sorry, had to get that off my chest :doh::blush:

woman on the 12:20pm show has just been saying how hard it was to get a advanced order deal!!!!!
How stupid do QVC think we are? They already mentioned at midnight that there will be advanced orders, now we are meant to believe that even at midnight the buyers were on the phone trying to get more?
Or for heavens sake
and they want us to think that presenters have credibility
rant over, sorry, had to get that off my chest :doh::blush:

Yes, I heard that too and thought 'they must think our heads button up the back' - first heard that phrase on here and love it. I think it is obvious that they didn't have much confidence in this TSV so kept their initial commitment down to the minimum, but with the option of further stock if sales go better than expected.

I have to say that it does nothing for me - the cotton looks cheap and like it won't last - in fact the whole thing looks cheap to me, but as I am an old gimmer now what do I know.

Last edited:
No it wasn`t my cup of tea but then again I`m old fashioned and like more traditional jewellery ..advanced orders are being used more and more all the time now aren`t they ? xx

Starting with a lower level of stock, confident it will sell out, reduces the risk to QVC: they can exactly order the next batch to fulfil the Auto Delivery orders (little wastage) and the quick sell out works to build up the bracelet's perceived desirability.

Jude xx

Are they doing OTOs? Maybe they have a load of stuff to shift as OTOs but they are still going to sell plenty of the TSV by doing the advance orders.

Seems all hype to me. It's a tacky looking object I wouldn't look twice at in Primark. In fact, I've seen nicer items in Primark for a lot less money. Sorry to F.A.R.T.

I quite like them, in fact i had a little search looked at a few pics and had a go at making one (make jewellery for friends and family) i used amazonite and cotton cord probably cost about £4 all in, and was very easy thanks to youtube!! but have to agree probably a 5 minute wonder that no-one will be seen dead wearing in 6 months time!

Don't get me wrong,I like them.I'm mad about bracelets and I loved it,and got the pink by absolute chance yesterday lunchtime as the details were put here (Thank you)

However I can't help but feel QVC have been a bit underhand about this.They've been flogging it for weeks - theres been enough hype about them to know they needed a good level of stock.I can only agree its because they wanted people to do advanced orders..................or the nice side of me wants to believe that they simply could not get enough stock for the actual launch (but then why take away the buy more option?)

I also thought the other day looking at the TV guide,theres hardly any jewellery shows today? When theres a TSV featured the shows are normally on like every couple of hours? Maybe they want to do some OTO's to make up for the money they didn't make yesterday with susan graver :wink:

I had a similar thought to you rainbowdottie - did Q learn ANYTHING from the 2 days of TSVs

'Probably not', I answer myself.

I have this feeling they are made in China for about £1 and big profit for QVC. If you buy and like then I hope you enjoy your bracelet. :happy:
So some warehouse in China a group of workers are gluing the stones one and busy knoting away.

It's not for me. I'm more of a simple clean lines jewellery girl but I think they look great. Just not for me. And clearly lots of people love them at they sold like hot cakes. Hope those who bought them love them. And of course if the stones do fall out don't forget to send em back to QVC for a refund. I'm pretty sure there's a year guarantee on jewellery.

have to agree with Donna, i said the exact same thing to my mate (who bought 3 at various stages through the day!) People in China getting blisters from all that knotting!

I have this feeling they are made in China for about £1 and big profit for QVC. If you buy and like then I hope you enjoy your bracelet. :happy:
So some warehouse in China a group of workers are gluing the stones one and busy knoting away.

Since you have mentioned it, im sure i also remember Nikki from Lola Rose mentioning her stuff coming over in a ship from China! I know in the early days they were all hand strung by her but i suppose those days are long past! Wonder what her mark up is like??????

Latest posts

Back