Practical Presents

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My husband is very good at buying presents - I have had some beautiful jewellery, some very nice handbags and some lovely lingerie over the years. I have also had pans, a casserole dish, a wok, knives, a kettle, tool set etc etc. Much as I love the jewellery and stuff it is the practical presents I love the most. I don't go out very often so while the jewels are nice to look at that's it. On my Christmas list this year would be a steam generator iron and a Kenwood Chef (along with a big kitchen to put it in!!), a tumble dryer would be useful too. I'd also like some woodworking tools and a soldering iron and my frying pan is a bit old! Given that I'm the one who does the cooking, for example, why would I not like a tool or gadget that helps me do that? He is not suggesting that is all I am good for but recognising that I do that and making it easier and/or more fun for me to do. That, to me, shows love and appreciation. It would appear I am in a minority (of one!)

PS If any of you get some 'nasty' practical present from your beloved I would be more than happy to take it off your hands!!

We've also been together 30 years Kitten but I've had after-shave, a kazoo, chewing gum, Turkish Delight - bleurgh! - an emerald ring with the emeralds taken out and replaced by CZs (wtf?), a £1 stick blender from Woolworth's closing-down sale and a pair of size 9 slippers (I take a 6).

We do the list thing now.

You've made my day !!!! :mysmilie_507: :mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

I often ask my family for practical presents but I don't think they'd buy me one unless I asked for it. I'm at that point in life where if I haven't got it it's probably either because I don't want it or it's too expensive so I wouldn't expect someone to buy it for me, I live alone and if I need it I might as well have it as a present

If looking for a prezzie for an animal-lover, I recommend books/dvds by LindaTellingtonJones. Horses, dogs or cats. Massage therapy for timid/stressed critters, orfor bonding. I have used on my 4 cats who l-o-v-e-d brushing/petting times. Bought my cat version from AbeBooks, secondhand, but in pristine condition. Your pet will love you! x SnarlyWhoLovesCritters

If looking for a prezzie for an animal-lover, I recommend books/dvds by LindaTellingtonJones. Horses, dogs or cats. Massage therapy for timid/stressed critters, orfor bonding. I have used on my 4 cats who l-o-v-e-d brushing/petting times. Bought my cat version from AbeBooks, secondhand, but in pristine condition. Your pet will love you! x SnarlyWhoLovesCritters

The Really Useful Bunny Guide by Carolina James is excellent too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1852790334/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

My OH has just reminded me that, not only did I give her a knife sharpener, but I also bought her a knife that would never need sharpening!

Well strato, did you pick up any ideas from this thread, or are you going for your own, um, original ideas LOL

We are going to do lists, except that I can't think of anything I want, apart from the latest, biggest ipad, and a sparkly thing with 1.5 Kg silver and 2200 eeks.

We are going to do lists, except that I can't think of anything I want, apart from the latest, biggest ipad, and a sparkly thing with 1.5 Kg silver and 2200 eeks.

Thought that crown might be on the list somewhere, but i wonder what'll be on her list (any knives or such like)

Crown mad Monkey.jpg

How many times Strato, it's 1.5kg total weight not 1.5kg of silver.....if you're going to spend the rest of your life mourning the damn thing & how it *says in sad pitiful voice* 'slipped through your fingers' *sob & cue violins*....at least remember it how it actually was......!
:mysmilie_476: :mysmilie_506: :mysmilie_503: :mysmilie_61:

why strato.....did you finally come round to an ipad??

Latest posts

Back