Pope resigns. Smell a rat anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks like you were spot on Petpixie- one shipped out of Rome and major denials and accusations against the Italian press plus the scottish cardinal of our own.

Ditto! You can never be certain about what is in the press but this story is gathering momentum & may explain why he resigned despite the fact it's so close to Easter...
It would be very strange to see a pope stand trial in relation to allowing child sex offences to continue and possibly not reporting said offenders to the police as any decent normal person would have done but then, he won't will he as the Vatican provides immunity apparently...hmmm....:thinking:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/17/pope-immunity_n_2708518.html

With 500 victims of child abuse in the USA being paid a total of $660 million compensation in 1 section of the Catholic Church alone, not only has all that alleged "under carpet sweeping" of the matter been incredibly traumatic for the victims it's been ludicrously expensive as well. I wonder how many starving & suffering beings that money could have supported?

Last edited:
The whole thing is quite sickening. Having attended a Catholic boarding school for a short period and experienced a taster of the wickedness of the establishment I'm only surprised much more hasn't come to light sooner.

not wanting to belittle those shocking events in any way, I am afraid I can't take seriously the media of a country who chose Berlusconi for its leader. Or the daily mail either for that matter. I went to a Catholic school too, and it was ok. Do did my mum, and apart from the bonkers nun who should never have been allowed near a child, she said it was more or less ok.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

The nuns in my 1st primary school were really lovely, I couldn't say a bad word about them. When my mum was in hospital for some time one of the sisters collected about 6 beautiful holy communion dresses & asked me to choose one because my mum was ill & couldn't make one for me or get out to buy one. I didn't realise at the time the effort she must have gone to in order to arrange that.

They looked after retired & disabled nuns, grew some of their own veg and sometimes invited us for tea with them. They had idyllic lives at the convent and their unity, compassion and contentment was evident.

The nuns at my mother's school were a world apart from what I experienced. Full on violence from what she told me if you so much as uttered something they didn't approve of no matter how trivial it was.

Latest posts

Back