Pope resigns. Smell a rat anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don`t worry when Pope`s go ... out of sight, out of mind when they go !
I worry when they arrive and bring all their past mistakes/misdeeds/good deeds/bad decisions/good decisions etc etc with them and get half the world dancing to their tune.

To be honest they usually drag them out even when 99% dead. Look at John Paul, the man was one of the walking dead a number of years before he died.

This one was in charge when the child abuse scandal broke out in the US. He just moved them around to abuse other children, the church paid out millions of dollars. He was not liked at all. I watched a documentary a few years back.

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap. I mean how hard can it be to stand a wave, then mumble some Latin every Sunday.

Yes I read about how he allegedly did little re the child abuse cases & actually may well have worsened the situation due to all that "under carpet sweeping". No doubt it will all come out as thankfully people's incompetence & lack of real responsibility where abuse is concerned has few places to hide these days with cyberspace hot on the heels. People who had been abused by their so called "catholic mentors" feeling he did little/nothing for their plight must have felt physically sick and furious at the situation. I hope that what ever the conclusion it comes out in it's full state for those people's sake.

Last edited:
There was a good article in the Times this Sunday written by a woman - sorry I can't remember her name , that wanted a change for the mothers of catholics. It was well written.

"Single comes as standard" :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_471:
Not so sure they're going to go for the regular criteria this time tho Sparkles in terms of age & ethnic origin.
They'll have to pull something out the bag to try & save as much face, (& donations), as possible. This latest escapade is going to leave them licking some very deep wounds this time that I don't think they will be able to arrogantly brush off.

"Single comes as standard" :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_471:
Not so sure they're going to go for the regular criteria this time tho Sparkles in terms of age & ethnic origin.
They'll have to pull something out the bag to try & save as much face, (& donations), as possible. This latest escapade is going to leave them licking some very deep wounds this time that I don't think they will be able to arrogantly brush off.

I think one of the African candidates would make a refreshing change for the church. Something we desperately need.

I'm afraid there's scandal and corruption everywhere though, not just the Catholic Church. Perhaps not as high profile so not newsworthy but still there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think one of the African candidates would make a refreshing change for the church. Something we desperately need.

I'm afraid there's scandal and corruption everywhere though, not just the Catholic Church. Perhaps not as high profile so not newsworthy but still there...

Yes Sparkles you're absolutley right however they're not the pope and cardinals are they. They are the highest representitives of the Catholic faith! Not wishing to offend anyone on here but it's not looking great in terms of their morality standards as leaders of a religious belief.

I agree, an African pope would be seen as a positive change, so long as they're decent & genuinely compassionate enough to do the job, who ever they choose.

Burlz, you naughty, naughty man :mysmilie_61::mysmilie_15:

Last edited:
Yes Sparkles you're absolutley right however they're not the pope and cardinals are they. They are the highest representitives of the Catholic faith! Not wishing to offend anyone on here but it's not looking great in terms of their morality standards as leaders of a religious belief.

I agree, an African pope would be seen as a positive change, so long as they're decent & genuinely compassionate enough to do the job, who ever they choose.

Burlz, you naughty, naughty man :mysmilie_61::mysmilie_15:

I do agree. All this scandal has been disgusting. I can't put in writing what is like to do to child sex offenders...well any sex offenders. Be they high up members of my faith or not. They will burn in hell for what they have done.

images.jpg

:bear:

Latest posts

Back