Pop ups

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
It is getting quite unbearable to watch these days with these damn pops ups on the screen all the time, quite hard to see the product and sick of seeing the same messages over and over. they take up too much of the screen and are of no interest.

The pop ups on the right had side drive me mad, you cannot see the items properly because of it!!

I'm sick of seeing the same video clips too, especially the one with LG! :headbang:

With the pop up on the right hand screen and the huge banner along the bottom, I may as well go for a 12 inch screened TV because that's about all that's visible on my 32" one. I wonder if that's why the TSV was 60" ........ so you can see more of the products, in your imagination, of course. :wink:

Agree with everything said, why do they feel the need to follow this annoying TV trend! I find the scrolling breaking news along the bottom of the BBC News channel soooo distracting, even though I may have read it dozens of times I can't stop myself looking repeatedly at the same story scrolling past.

Now if QVC sold a TV TSV that had an option to opt out of all this invasive non-information I'd buy it (competitively priced ofcourse).

Jude xx

It is ridiculous. Far too cluttered and messy. There's just too much going on and we don't need it. I never read it - the panel itself distracts me but I couldn't tell you what is on it. What's wrong with just having the name of the item, pricing, options, a phone number and web address?

To be fair, the cameramen/women do a good job in the circumstances to make sure the info panels don't obscure (much of) the product but it would be so much better if we could see it on the whole screen. All you end up with is a small square of live TV in the middle to see what they are demonstrating.

I have wondered, though, whether they could have an oval info panel that fits nicely over some of the presenters' faces?

Agree with everything said, why do they feel the need to follow this annoying TV trend! I find the scrolling breaking news along the bottom of the BBC News channel soooo distracting, even though I may have read it dozens of times I can't stop myself looking repeatedly at the same story scrolling past.

Now if QVC sold a TV TSV that had an option to opt out of all this invasive non-information I'd buy it (competitively priced ofcourse).

Jude xx

TV companies seem to feel they can't miss an opportunity to promote themselves. It's the same with the end credits of dramas etc - you can barely see them for the ads for upcoming shows. If I half recognise an actor (think I'm turning into my nan it happens so often) I have to google the program to find out who they are as the credits are too small to read. I reckon a third of the screen on QVC is taken up with (to me) useless info about twitter etc. Give us a break please

TV companies seem to feel they can't miss an opportunity to promote themselves. It's the same with the end credits of dramas etc - you can barely see them for the ads for upcoming shows. If I half recognise an actor (think I'm turning into my nan it happens so often) I have to google the program to find out who they are as the credits are too small to read. I reckon a third of the screen on QVC is taken up with (to me) useless info about twitter etc. Give us a break please

That thing they do with halving the screen during the credits at the end of a drama to advertise what's coming up on the other half half REALLY annoys me. Usually it is on in 3 minutes anyway - do they think we are that impatient to know??

Latest posts

Back