Poor Marverine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone gave me some old magazines and in December edition of Glamour magazine there was an article where the journalist went to be a presenter and to do live shows on Q. It was an interesting read and I`ve tried to find the article online but can`t. She spoke in the article of the pressure to sell and how the number of units sold and cost in money is constantly shown on screen to the presenters as they talk. She also talked of the pressure sent down the ear piece to encourage presenters to try to up sales on the slowest selling option etc and how the highest amount of sales in one show for one item was over £1 million but she didn`t say what it was for and who by.

Type in Google search: Glamour Magazine Sali Hughes goes to QVC / Facebook.

If a FB member you can access the pages from the mag and enlarge them to read. If I do a link from here my ex partners name comes up on email so cannot do link directly for you.

P.s. Bet million sales were Lori Greiner's!

She also talked of the pressure sent down the ear piece to encourage presenters to try to up sales on the slowest selling option etc and how the highest amount of sales in one show for one item was over £1 million but she didn`t say what it was for and who by.

When they are presenting something like a Kipling bag with some colours sold out or limited and the presenters says they would pick a certain colour I always suspect that's the option with most stock left.

£1m sales would have to be a beauty TSV launch maybe an Elemis Christmas TSV or the good old days of Molton Brown when the price might have been lower but volume higher?

Latest posts

Back