Poor Delivery Service.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I know this is something of an old chestnut for the forum, but as I'm sitting here having waited a week for products I have paid £5.95 postage for I felt I just wanted to make mention of my latest Amazon purchase. I bought two identical items from Amazon at about 2pm on Friday afternoon. I had the option to pay for a faster service but, as there was no rush, I decided to go for the free postage option. So, you can imagine I was rather surprised when the items were delivered via courier early on Saturday morning! Because it was free, I'd assumed it would take ages! So, I ask yet again, how can Amazon do this for free, when QVC can't deliver in a week for £5.95?!

As an aside, there was an interesting episode of Business Boomers on the BBC recently about Amazon and what it takes for them to make the business work. It makes me think that QVC are still in the 1950s in comparison!

I have always found Amazon deliveries including by Mail to be very prompt. However, I usually buy individual books so that they can come through the letter box and I do not have to go to the PO to collect them. If I do that now it is £2.80. Of course that is still cheaper than Q's postage charge, but I think it is a cheek that Amazon, who seem not to understand the meaning of taxation, have introduced one. I buy my books from either their shop front sellers or Waterstone's now.

It is staggeringly good to get your parcels on Saturday. I do not usually have to wait a week from Q for courier deliveries, but always when by post, but I have read some of the horror stories and agree that in any case their postage charges are excessive.

Oh, a bit of a ramble and a bit off point! Sorry.

Maybe amazon don't expect to make extra profit via the P&p the way Q obviously do. They would have a very good deal with RM and couriers , ie not what the normal punter would pay for a single parcel, which I would imagine would be very low so it leaves quite a lot in the pot for other warehousing costs and then some left over for a bit extra jam on the Q cake.

It is also obvious that the deal with RM is for the cheapest possible delivery service which is not what we are paying for.

This often gives RM a poor reputation but you wouldn't expect them to provide a first class delivery time if they were only being paid for a third class service.

Q's operating methods are just so out of date full stop. The ads they have about their "new app" or "easy to navigate website" ummmmmmm the vast majority of other companies were at the technology standard Q are at now years ago.
No doubt in terms of postage Q will pick up on click and collect in about 5 years time, when other companies will have moved onto something even better.

Well it doesn't help when your order can still be in Process three days after you placed your order from QVC. In other words still sitting on their shelves. My last two orders came pretty quickly, but that has not always been the case.

It's the 3 to 5 working days spiel I want to ram, very very hard, down their throats. I have only once received anything in under 10 days.

How can it be 3 days when it hasn't even left the warehouse in this time. High postage with next day delivery is one thing but high prices and 10 days really bugs me.

How could I as it has become their never ending mantra.

I would say to them - action speaks louder than words so get your finger out Q.

I used to agree with Moth about Amazon, but not lately. All of my Amazon orders in the last month (weedkiller, bulb planter, CD, plants and hubby's socks) have all taken an age to arrive. About as long as Q take with snail mail. All free supersaver delivery option. One took so long I reported it missing and it arrived about 4 days after it was meant to. Amazon customer service was very good but I commented on their recent deterioration in their supersaver delivery times when I was asked for feedback.

It has to be said that QVC delivery and P&P is rubbish , too slow and expensive esp when it costs £3.95 to send a tiny ring about 150 miles down the motorwayand you can't even track the parcel because its been sent by the cheapest Royal Mail option possible. I've had things delivered from eBay faster. How is it that most ebayers do free posting now but QVC still charge a fortune for snail mail?

As said above Amazon are better they even deliver on Sundays when everyone is at home to get their parcel, they also text you with a 1hr delivery slot so you don't waste the whole day waiting around. Come on QVC get into the 21st centuary or continue to lose once loyal customers.

My recent orders have taken two whole weeks to turn up, if they haven't just got lost. I think it might be the nail in the coffin for me with Q, sick to death of their utter incompetence.

What puzzles me is that my Dollo10 concealer duo has a £3.95 postage and is coming by RM, but Amazon's basic charge, which would cover a book by RM, is £2.80. So £1.15 more to send a lighter item which will not come any quicker.... RM items used to take over 5wd to get to me (in London so not ultra-rural etc which might take an extra day) but the last 3 postal items have at least arrived on day 5. Amazon ones tended to come on day 2 or 3 but I am currently in a bit of a boycott situation there as they used to post free and I think £2.80 is a big leap from zero.

What puzzles me is that my Dollo10 concealer duo has a £3.95 postage and is coming by RM, but Amazon's basic charge, which would cover a book by RM, is £2.80. So £1.15 more to send a lighter item which will not come any quicker.... RM items used to take over 5wd to get to me (in London so not ultra-rural etc which might take an extra day) but the last 3 postal items have at least arrived on day 5. Amazon ones tended to come on day 2 or 3 but I am currently in a bit of a boycott situation there as they used to post free and I think £2.80 is a big leap from zero.

That's funny as I am boycotting Amazon too as much as I can lately, as I don't like their new postage charges. Since then I have found several items I wanted at either the same price or a bit cheaper. So their loss. I do like shopping with Amazon though, as I think their customer service is very good and I have never had a problem with them.

That's funny as I am boycotting Amazon too as much as I can lately, as I don't like their new postage charges. Since then I have found several items I wanted at either the same price or a bit cheaper. So their loss. I do like shopping with Amazon though, as I think their customer service is very good and I have never had a problem with them.

Yay!!!! That's two of us then, Anna!!!!!

I look elsewhere for my books and would buy from them only if cheaper. I now use click and collect at Waterstone's most of the time. I do agree that Amazon is generally very reliable, but I came across the postage charge just as I was learning about the tax issues, so that really ticked me off!

stlll waiting for a join top paid for it last monday. sent by royal mail. not impressed

Apart from the slow postage and extortionate fees - why does an order take so long to process? ! They have told me in the past that it's down to my bank. Funny that, when EVERY other company I use usually despatches it the next day.

I haven't bought for a while as they are just a complete shambles. I only go for something if I absolutely cannot get it cheaper (or same price but from a decent company) elsewhere. Sadly, I will have to buy the UltraSun tsv, but it is really irking me already!!

I love those companies (ie most others) that send you an order acknowledgement within 5 mins, an email the next day to say it's been processed and usually an email either later that day or the following morning to advise it's on the way! All this with a prepaid returns label too ;-)

Apart from the slow postage and extortionate fees - why does an order take so long to process? ! They have told me in the past that it's down to my bank. Funny that, when EVERY other company I use usually despatches it the next day.

I haven't bought for a while as they are just a complete shambles. I only go for something if I absolutely cannot get it cheaper (or same price but from a decent company) elsewhere. Sadly, I will have to buy the UltraSun tsv, but it is really irking me already!!

I love those companies (ie most others) that send you an order acknowledgement within 5 mins, an email the next day to say it's been processed and usually an email either later that day or the following morning to advise it's on the way! All this with a prepaid returns label too ;-)

Last week I saw T K Max was stocking a large range of UltraSun at reasonable prices.

I very rarely buy from Q as mine is always pending for so long, it usually takes the 4 days for them to take the money

I buy Ultrasun from December to February from other stores online, not from QVC, because the prices are better then and you can see what's in stock or wait till it gets in. Google "ultrasun", then shop around and do the sums and you'll save money.

Thanks both. I have bought from Ifsogo before but this tsv seems excellent value and I will use all the products. However, I will have a scoot around and check the cost of all of them. I may even pop to TKM but I never get any luck in there!

Latest posts

Back