Plus size models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Having watched model Clare appear in cargo pants from Denim & Co (that didn't favour her). I wondered if these plus size models have to retain their size in order to keep in work. I say this because Clare is not tall so her weight is exacerbated by her height, and surely must be tempted to lose weight for health reasons, but then would lose modelling jobs.

Having watched model Clare appear in cargo pants from Denim & Co (that didn't favour her). I wondered if these plus size models have to retain their size in order to keep in work. I say this because Clare is not tall so her weight is exacerbated by her height, and surely must be tempted to lose weight for health reasons, but then would lose modelling jobs.
Could be that since she is young and has plenty of work at QVC, she is pushing health issues to the side. In other words ignoring them.

I've often wondered this. But in the case of QVC, I'm sure the models could lose a bit in order to not get squeezed into the clothes so much.
Often, excluding the case of the unflattering cargo trousers, Claire is the only plus model (not XL but 2XL) who looks good in the clothes she models. The other 2XL model, Sophia, should be wearing 3XL. She is truly crammed into the clothes.

She does look good in them. And she has the personality to show them off, too, and she never looks uncomfortable as I would in some of those creations.

There was another model some years back on QVC, sorry forgot her name. She did the Model's Prefer shows as well, always very chatty on those shows.

I remember Mika's song Big Girl You Are Beautiful, and she was out front in the video dancing across London Bridge.

There was another model some years back on QVC, sorry forgot her name. She did the Model's Prefer shows as well, always very chatty on those shows.

I remember Mika's song Big Girl You Are Beautiful, and she was out front in the video dancing across London Bridge.
Was she called Stacey? Even though I don’t wear make up, I loved watching her shows

The problem with Claire is her giant boobs. I know it's not her fault, but it's difficult to see the line of the clothes sometimes when it looks like she's got two footballs strapped to her chest.
In that case they should either hire a different shape plus size model or dress her in clothes to more suited to her shape. Surely the point of having stylists is they dress the models to showcase QVCs fashion brands to the best advantage? They’re more likely to get a sale that way. Mind you, they could have the most beautiful shapely lady modelling and they’d still look rubbish in QVC’s offerings🤣🤣.

I’m not being sarcastic, yesterday it was really nice to see the modesty model smiling. It lit her whole face up.

In that case they should either hire a different shape plus size model or dress her in clothes to more suited to her shape. Surely the point of having stylists is they dress the models to showcase QVCs fashion brands to the best advantage? They’re more likely to get a sale that way. Mind you, they could have the most beautiful shapely lady modelling and they’d still look rubbish in QVC’s offerings🤣🤣.

I’m not being sarcastic, yesterday it was really nice to see the modesty model smiling. It lit her whole face up.
Totally agree with you about that. They often seem to put Claire in clothes which accentuate her boobs even more.

Is the modesty model that girl in the hijab? If so, then I think I saw that too, and she looked like a different person. She always looks so surly and severe normally. She should smile more because she's beautiful, but perhaps they're not really supposed to do that in public much.

I wonder what the sales quotient is for hijab wearing ladies, because living close to Luton, and having visited the Indian shops for fabric, the fashion shops heave with girls and ladies of all ages buying their own cultural outerwear. And I have to say I haven't seen a Kim & Co top or an Apricot type dress with a hijab !

I think the majority of clothes QVC sell are made against a size 12 model and then just sized up pro rata. Most plus sized clothes, the base sizes would be based on a much larger size or maybe two if they’re going upwards of a size 26. This allows for bigger back and bust, arm width and especially the rise in trousers.

I am a short, larger lady dont have an enormous bust but do have enormous hips and thighs. For some reason it’s deemed that if you’re fat, you’re 6ft tall with arms that come down to your knees! Fortunately I make a lot of my clothes and now how to adjust patterns accordingly. When I do buy clothes, I know which manufacturers actually design for plus sizes and therefore give a better fit. The only QVC presenter who knows about sizing is Julia Robert’s who is au fait with dressmaking and knitting.

Latest posts

Back