please stop telling us how to split up sets into gifts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
Its really getting on my nerves. I am not stupid i have enough common sense to work it out for myself.
I don't need to know who i could give it too either.

Sorry but its really bugging me.

Yes its the endless list of recipients that gets to me! Im sure we all have a list of who we need gifts for without any help from the QVC presenters and that does not include the postman bin man or lollypop lady

Heard the best one yet during the l'Occitane show - AY said "presents for your home".......

Heard the best one yet during the l'Occitane show - AY said "presents for your home".......

Even better from AY, wrap up a soap with some dried fruit and give it to your neighbour.
My neighbour would think what a bloomin weird combination.

The funniest "splitting up" items for the world and his wife was from Craig the other day - it was on a kitchen show and the item being shown was a set of 3 containers (Tea, Coffee & Chocolate). "You can split this up and give one to each of your friends". What an idiot!

Love it when they say take a fake bush or wreath or duvet set when you go to a dinner party. No stick to a bottle of plonk and a carton of Quality Street!

Yes its the endless list of recipients that gets to me! Im sure we all have a list of who we need gifts for without any help from the QVC presenters and that does not include the postman bin man or lollypop lady

gosh, i always give something to the postman and the dustmen (before the dustmen were stopped from accepting it)

gosh, i always give something to the postman and the dustmen (before the dustmen were stopped from accepting it)

I usually give a tenner each to my postman and window cleaner, both of whom are marvellously pleasant and helpful during the year. Is £10 enough - would anyone be willing to tell me how much they give ?

I usually give a tenner each to my postman and window cleaner, both of whom are marvellously pleasant and helpful during the year. Is £10 enough - would anyone be willing to tell me how much they give ?

i always find "the going rate" difficult - whoever it is and for whatever reason you're giving money but yes, i'd say £10 is about right. last year i gave my postie a nice bottle of wine which seemed to go down well.

Obviously im a real miserable cow when it comes to giving gifts! Im my defence, i live in a rural area when the post gets delivered around 2pm mainly to the wrong house and he have to drive out to deliver it to the correct owners. As for bin men - well 3 houses on my lane have to drag the bins a good 1/2 mile to the main road so i have never seen them. Bin day is monday so we always miss out on bank holidays as they dont reschedule!! BAA HUMBUG!!

We nearly always buy a present for the house - a new rug, a Blu ray player, a PS3, Trivial Pursuit etc - it's how we justify buying those things that you can't give to one person but we would like to have!!

Latest posts

Back