Please can someone do the link for me.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

apple

Registered Shopper
Did anyone buy the Whetman Pinks a few weeks ago. Well I did but now wish I hadn't after reading todays papers. The nursery owner, who was the guest, is now revealed to be a really snooty cow and I'm sorry I've added to her wealth.. You have to read the e-mail she sent her future daughter in law, unbelievable.

i'd be grateful if someone would post the link for me, the story's in a few of the papers with the Sun quoting the e-mail sent. her name is Carolyn Bourne.

thanks

I accept that the Step MIL could well be quite a dose but it's her home and she calls the shots.

well the DIL to be (DIL2B?) sounds like a right piece of work if what MIL says in the e-mail is true. can you imagine visiting someones house and staying in bed all morning when everyone else is pottering around downstairs? or complaining about the food portions?
cheeky little madam!
and the comments about getting married in a castle are spot on.

Go MIL!:rock:

Good for the MIL2B in my opinion...manners and respect are a dying breed in this country so good for her!! The DIL2B sounds like a right little scrubber!!

I'm on the poor young woman's side. Staying in bed? So what? And calling her a scrubber is a bit rich when you don't know her and only know one side of the story. The fact is this woman's son has chosen her and she should just shut up and put up.

I agree that the future DIL sounds like a pain but surely taking her to one side and talking to her face to face about her behaviour would have been better than sending an email.

I'm all for good manners but it seems to me the MIL shows a distinct lack of them! However awful (and we only have MIL's side of the story) the girl's behaviour was, she's the son's girlfriend and he presumably loves her manners or no manners.
In my view a quiet, gentle, non confrontational word re the offending behaviour would have been far better received than this nasty spiteful letter. Shades of a jealous mother methinks!

Oh yeah definately would be been the 'more grown-up and better way' to do it but I still think the MIL rocks and I still think the daughter sounds like a scrubber!! Hey, everyone to their own! :up::rock:

The fact is this woman's son has chosen her and she should just shut up and put up.
I couldnt agree less! (not meant to sound rude, just stating my opinion) Its the mothers house - so you live/visit/stay by her rules - end of! When the couple get their own house then they set their own rules!

I'm on the poor young woman's side. Staying in bed? So what? And calling her a scrubber is a bit rich when you don't know her and only know one side of the story. The fact is this woman's son has chosen her and she should just shut up and put up.

I don't see why anyone should shut up and put up with things in their own home but I am also at a loss as to how someone defending good manners and behaviour can then call DIL2B such an unpleasant name.

If you mean 'scrubber', then I think its quite an apt name - she was rude, vulgar, ignorant, stayed in bet, lacked manners etc. If you can think of a more suitable name please tell me and I'll happily use that instead (I'm being serious)!

I'm all for good manners but it seems to me the MIL shows a distinct lack of them! However awful (and we only have MIL's side of the story) the girl's behaviour was, she's the son's girlfriend and he presumably loves her manners or no manners.
In my view a quiet, gentle, non confrontational word re the offending behaviour would have been far better received than this nasty spiteful letter. Shades of a jealous mother methinks!

Absolutely should have been said not emailed but perhaps MIL thought she was being more restrained and avoiding the opportunity for saying something in the heat of the moment (doubt it) but DIL2B forwarded a personal email to her friends which is not the done thing at all without the senders permission.

DIL2B forwarded a personal email to her friends which is not the done thing at all without the senders permission.
Absolutely, and it also further highlights the DIL2B's complete lack of respect for her MIL2B - and remember you dont have to like someone to respect them.

If you mean 'scrubber', then I think its quite an apt name - she was rude, vulgar, ignorant, stayed in bet, lacked manners etc. If you can think of a more suitable name please tell me and I'll happily use that instead (I'm being serious)!

Ill mannered is adequate, as has been pointed out we don't know the woman or anything about her. While rudeness is very annoying for those directly on the reviving end it isn't in the league of some of what goes on (she says thinking of Karen Matthews in particular) that warrants some real high level anger.

Naaaaaaa ill-mannered isnt strong enough for me (but I agree with the rest of your post entirely!!!)... what about an ignorant little cow? :wink:

Naaaaaaa ill-mannered isnt strong enough for me (but I agree with the rest of your post entirely!!!)... what about an ignorant little cow? :wink:

Don't ask me, I'm by nature a vile little thing who finds it almost impossible to curb my gob. Find one of the kinder gentler posters here to advise you :bear:

Don't ask me, I'm by nature a vile little thing who finds it almost impossible to curb my gob. Find one of the kinder gentler posters here to advise you :bear:

Ruddy-nora - you have just described me to a t!! :grin:

DIL2B probably only stayed in bed until 8.30 a.m, but MIL probably expected her to be up at 5.30am to help her water and weed the pinks.

Personally, I'd be happy to see my guest enjoying a lie-in.

Latest posts

Back