Please can someone do the link for me.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almost anything would be better, because "scrubber" doesn't mean someone who's rude or ignorant, it means the woman sleeps around.

Oxford English Dictionary:
Scrubber = " British informal , derogatory - a promiscuous woman"

Reverso OnlineDictionary:
Scrubber = "derogatory slang - a promiscuous woman"

The Urban Dictionary:
Scrubber = "a woman who sleeps with lots of men"

To call any woman a scrubber is hugely offensive, and is something this young woman really doesn't deserve.

Actually you are completely right, scrubber in this instance is the wrong term, and I homeheartedly take that back. I will, from now on, call her a gobby bint! Thanks for the clarification.

The late Lynda Lee-Potter of the Daily Wail married into a posh family and often wrote about her horrible MIL. However LLP admitted to fibbing about her background to impress people she thought of as her social betters as a young woman including saying her father was a painter but omitting the word and decorator. I actually think doing that is awful but apparently it's charming and funny.

What I don't understand is why the son didn't advise his fiancee of any house rules before visiting - if he knew his step mum was strict about certain things like what time people get up he should have said something. I think both women are at fault here - it's always best to check in with your host re arrangements for a stay and equally if the host has certain expectations from their guest they should share them. For someone to write such an obnoxious email though criticising someone else's bad manners is hilarious - obviously they don't understand irony.

Actually you are completely right, scrubber in this instance is the wrong term, and I homeheartedly take that back. I will, from now on, call her a gobby bint! Thanks for the clarification.

Better, not great, but definitely better! Personally I'll reserve judgement as we have absolutely no idea what actually happened, and I'm not going to make any comment based on one side of the story from someone who is clearly not the nicest person in the world.

Last edited:
Better, not great, but definitely better! Personally I'll reserve judgement as we have absolutely no idea what actually happened, and I'm not going to make any comment based on one side of the story from someone who is clearly not the nicest person in the world.

Well I aint changing again - Gobby Bint(C) it is - I like it and I'm exhausted now! :sun:

Latest posts

Back