Plastic Peony flowers as a gift.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
If someone gifted you some plastic flowers for Christmas,even though the giver knew you adored fresh flowers, would you be disappointed?

Also, I feel it wont be too long when some clever boffin at Peony will think it a good idea to produce bridal bouquets..:giggle: Would you feel embarrassed having fake flowers on your wedding day? Even though the one advantage would be they will be with you forever - thats if you decided not to throw it over your shoulder at reception, of course.

I would feel disappointed with both, and very embarrassed at the latter

Somehow to me, fake, plastic/fabric flowers always remind me of the bunches one sometimes finds on gravestones or memorial plaques, in the cemetery, or at the reception of nursing homes.

Great as a bridal bouquet if you suffer from hay fever though JRE, then use as centre piece for dining table! I appreciate any gift so wouldn't mind fake at all.

One of my pet hates is fake flaarrs. I don't care what the posh cow says, frequent visitors to your house will know they're fake because the arrangement never changes!! If you don't want/or for any reason can't have fresh flowers then don't have any at all.

If I could afford fresh flowers I'd fill every room with them, however, they are so expensive to buy week in week out I bought fake pussy willows yesterday for the same price as fresh, the fake will last a lot longer and are very true to life. I haven't seen any Peony flaaars that have tempted me yet but if they are a price I can stretch to and a display I like, why not????? As for a wedding bouquet I think having fresh is best but if some flowers are out of season and impossible to get then fake mixed in may be just the thing. :wave: As a gift, I accept anything except blows.

If someone gifted you some plastic flowers for Christmas,even though the giver knew you adored fresh flowers, would you be disappointed?......

Giver is a bit passe nowadays (sorry can't find an acute accent). The on-trend word is "gifter".

Oh, and the person receiving the gift is the "giftee". Simples.

Bothers me not at all..I have a respiratory condition and artificial flowers suit me best, tho I have fresh ones occasionally. Also I had artificial flowers at my first wedding..it was a Bank Holiday Monday (in 1966) and artificial in Oban was all I could get! I gave my sis a Peony arrangement for part of her 60th birthday this year and she loves it. We are all entitled to our own opinion of course, as is so often said on here, but sometimes people do express these opinions rather strongly so that if you like the product in question - say, Peony, or Michele Hope, or Kipling, you feel like you must be a half-wit to people who condemn it as tat. Rant over!

Giver is a bit passe nowadays (sorry can't find an acute accent). The on-trend word is "gifter".

Oh, and the person receiving the gift is the "giftee". Simples.

Thank you for pointing that out. If you need any advice on how to perform life saving surgery, give me a shout! :grin:

If someone gifted you some plastic flowers for Christmas,even though the giver knew you adored fresh flowers, would you be disappointed?

Also, I feel it wont be too long when some clever boffin at Peony will think it a good idea to produce bridal bouquets..:giggle: Would you feel embarrassed having fake flowers on your wedding day? Even though the one advantage would be they will be with you forever - thats if you decided not to throw it over your shoulder at reception, of course.

I would feel disappointed with both, and very embarrassed at the latter

Somehow to me, fake, plastic/fabric flowers always remind me of the bunches one sometimes finds on gravestones or memorial plaques, in the cemetery, or at the reception of nursing homes.

I had an artificial bouquet......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my pet hates is fake flaarrs. I don't care what the posh cow says, frequent visitors to your house will know they're fake because the arrangement never changes!! If you don't want/or for any reason can't have fresh flowers then don't have any at all.

One word...... Bonsai.

And so far no-one's "twigged". Ha.

On the willow front. If you buy them fresh, or pick them yourself, keep them in water until the buds come out and then take them out of the water. Keep them dry and upright. They will last for months. I've got some I brought back from Cornwall in April and they still look fab. And as I pinched them from my dad's garden they were free!

I have silk flowers from Sia and I love them. They're not out all year round. Well the red Rose wreath is. No one thinks they're real but what does it matter?

I have fresh and dried flowers and pot plants too. And my willow obviously.

I love fresh flowers but have fake ones too - plastic, fabric, whatever. Had an artificial bouquet as well which, like loujareth, I still have 26 years on.

The only problem I have with artificial flowers is that they need dusting and that's something I'm not very good at!!!

I love fresh flowers but have fake ones too - plastic, fabric, whatever. Had an artificial bouquet as well which, like loujareth, I still have 26 years on.

The only problem I have with artificial flowers is that they need dusting and that's something I'm not very good at!!!

I do mine with the duster attachment on the vac!

I have bought a lot of peonies, everytime I swear it will be the last, then I get tempted. evrytime mega dissapointment, they take ages to arrive, much longer even than the quoted 7-10 days! I have an ever incresing number hid in cupboards, would not want to give the majority as gifts, they are often frayed and very obvious faux, despite what that very irritating posh women says.

Like BusyMum I also have respiratory disease and although I absolutely love fresh flowers I can no longer have them in the house so I bought a 'faux' flower arrangement from M&S and I don't care whether anyone can tell they are not real as for me they are a good substitute for the real thing.

I've never bought any Peony Flaaars, that woman is just too damn irritating imo. But I have bought a nice pot of 'white roses' with lights from Bethlehem Lights and am very pleased with them......and very low maintenance. :happy:

Fresh flowers are all very nice, but I prefer something a bit longer lasting and so have gone for a few pots of Orchids in different colours. Again very low maintenance and pretty hardy, so I wonder if they would be also suitable for folks with respiratory issues, hay fever and the like?

Latest posts

Back