Pipa's name changed back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just seen on Pipa's blog that she is reverting to using her maiden name of Gordon! wish she'd make her mind up as I've only just got my head round Vanderburg! :thinking2:

I wonder why? Do we think something is not quite right in Pippaland?

Well from the link Loopy posted it looks like all is well with Pipa and she has just decided to return to using the surname Gordon.

I only remember her a Pippa anyway, so the last name doesn't matter to me! ;)

She is a lovely lady, one of my favourites.

Does anyone else think that 'Pipa' should be pronounced Piper rather than Pippa ?

I have heard a couple of the American guests call her Piper as well.

Yeah, I say 'Pipa Gordon' on QVC the other day and wondered if it was a cock-up, but then saw on the qvc blog that she'd changed her last name back (still sticking with 'pipa' not 'pippa' tho'). She said it was because she basically prefers Vanderburg as her personal last name and Gordon as her working last name.

I still called her Gordon anyway and so did the other presenters when saying who was presenting next so perhaps it was for the best.

She's just said on air that a lot of people ahve been commenting and asking whether everything is ok, and she's said that 'everything is ok in the Vanderburg household' they've just had their 9th wedding anniversary and the only reason she's changed back to Gordon at QVC is that no-one could get used to her as Mrs Vanderburg, so back it went...:)

She mentioned a few days ago that she was changing her name back but everything was fine. I was surprised nobody posted on here sooner.

She seems to need a lot of attention, whether it's the hair, the clothes, the jewellery, or the name. The changing of 'Pippa' to 'Pipa' seemed deeply daft to me. The only reason to do it that I can see is that it puzzles people because they can't easily pronounce it, so it gets her extra attention.

Changing back from her married name gets people talking...is the marriage in trouble?...attention!

I like Pip(p)a, but she really has got a fear of not being visible enough.

She reminds me of Posh, absolutely desperate to be noticed and seen as trend setting etc but to me she's just trying too hard. Real head turners aren't trying to get attention, they're too busy being themselves.

Last edited:
She seems to need a lot of attention, whether it's the hair, the clothes, the jewellery, or the name. The changing of 'Pippa' to 'Pipa' seemed deeply daft to me. The only reason to do it that I can see is that it puzzles people because they can't easily pronounce it, so it gets her extra attention.

Changing back from her married name gets people talking...is the marriage in trouble?...attention!

Good point. Probably par for the course with most 'performers'. They wither and die if they're not strutting their stuff and getting noticed and talked about.

I think you are absolutely right, she seems to crave attention and gets it by constantly changing her hair colour, her name etc.

I don't find her attention seeking myself, I just find her to be vibrant, bubbly and vivacious. I like her! There are quite a few presenters who are much more of the "look at me" variety.

As to her name, Pipa or Pippa, not sure how she spells it. I am Swedish, so I tend to think her as Pippi anyway after Pippi Longstocking (Långstrump)

Inge :)

Latest posts

Back