Pink nail envy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
I bought this without really bothering to watch any demos. Duh!! I imagined it would be a pink toned clear but of course it's not. I quite like the colour so that's not a problem but I wouldn't use a coloured polish without a base coat. I presume I'm supposed to use this without a base coat?? If someone can unconfuse me that would be great.

I was given a bottle by a friend who did the same as you, Tinkerbelle - it's not a bad colour - I think it's what Julia R uses most of the time.

I've never been successful at using Nail Envy with any other product - either as a base coat or over nail varnish - it always causes a bubbled effect. I watched a demo once and this problem was mentioned - the advice was not to shake the bottle but to roll it gently. That didn't work for me either so I just use it on its own.

Last edited:
Because it's not technically a normal coloured polish, you don't need to use a basecoat because the product won't damage or stain your nails. Just think of it as normal Nail Envy, apply straight to the nail and you should have no problems :)

Yep - you're supposed to just wear that and nothing else. Unfortunately whenever I tried to do that it would chip of soooo easily. Nothing like the original Nail Envy in my opinion, so whenever i've worn it i've put a top coat on top (but i do skip the base coat)
Colour is pretty but if you are really looking for a pink toned clear you should try the Perfect Formula pink strengthener. Bit like Nail Envy but you apply 2 (they say 1, but I need 2!) coats, and only once a week not every other day like Nail Envy.
I still use Nal Envy when i want something a little thinner - Perfect Formula is quite thick, but i've had brilliant results with both! :nod:

Have given it a go. It's a nice colour especially for me as I really like pinks and nudes and this is a pinky nude. No idea if it's one Julia wears a lot but it does suit my olive skin tone so I'm sure it would suit Julia too. And the big plus is that it is pale enough to make my hands look really tanned.

I've switched from flouride/formaldehyde nail products. ButterLondon's NailFoundationFlawlessBasecoat is a nude colour with a matte finish. Wear under polish as a base, but I wear 2 coats alone and my nails look healthy. Natural-looking. x Snarly

OPI polish is formaldehyde free but nail envy isn't. I knackered my natural nails by having a couple of Shellac manicures about 18 months ago. They're now pretty much back to their best ... most people assume they're false.

I must admit I started using Nail Envy assuming it was formaldehyde free because the polish was but it's had such a brilliant effect on my ruined nails I've stuck with it. Most of the time I prefer my nails with a slick of clear polish.

I love nail envy...its about the only product I'm loyal to.I've seen the pink rarely on QVC but I would like to try it.

Given that I'm really tough on nail polish I wondered how well this would last without a base coat and top coat. Well I'm on day three and it's still good. I'll probably remove it tonight as it is starting to lift a little. But yesterday I spent a good four hours gardening so it's been our through it's paces.

And I discovered on Saturday night when going out that the colour is almost the same as my Lola Rose lily jewellery.

All in all I'm pleased with my slightly I'll thought out purchase.

Latest posts

Back