Pillows.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Magniflex are selling a pillow £56.00 + postage of £5.95. Now, price isn't a problem for me - a good pillow is a must have - as I paid £60 each for mine, but they are worth at least that, for the comfort. My point is, Craig commented that, as he has had his pillows for 3/4 years, he really should be buying new ones. Is it financially realistic, to replace a £60 pillow, especially if you have two, every three years, as you would with a £10 pillow?

i dont replace my pillows that often. i use a pillow protector quilted ones all the time. and use them until they are not comfortable. to date my pillows are 6 years old at least and still lovely. i have northern nights and a fenwicks one. feather and down. one 75% from qvc

A good pillow is worth every penny for me. I can't say I've tried the magniflex, but I renew my pillow every 2 years or so and buy memory foam ones that aren't cheap, but boy do they give a good nights sleep. You use your pillow every day! Price per "wear" is minimal over a couple of years.

Magniflex are selling a pillow £56.00 + postage of £5.95. Now, price isn't a problem for me - a good pillow is a must have - as I paid £60 each for mine, but they are worth at least that, for the comfort. My point is, Craig commented that, as he has had his pillows for 3/4 years, he really should be buying new ones. Is it financially realistic, to replace a £60 pillow, especially if you have two, every three years, as you would with a £10 pillow?

When you think about how much one sweats at night (and some people even dribble!) and 365 x 4 and it starts to make sense ;)

I have a 90% down 10% feather pillow from John Lewis which was extortionate even in half price sale! But I do use a protector and I also launder it myself once or twice a year so it stays clean and fluffy!

But with a memory foam one I think they deteriorate much quicker and cannot be cleaned :(

I've had neck ache (related to lower back pain) for about 30 years. Tried pillow after pillow.

Eventually, as a kind of desperate last chance, i bought a buckwheat filled one.

OMG.

Had it 2 years now, and havent had a single night of pain since. Even bought a travelling one because i was terrified of being without it and having the holiday ruined.

It wont suit everyone - it is total (almost hard) support (think beanbag) but i look on it as a heaven sent solution.
Soft squidgy pillows are not something i ever want to experience again!

I think most people change pillows when they are no longer as comfortable or supportive.Its an individual thing I think.

Craig and QVC have a vested interest in encouraging us us to think we must change our pillows more regularly.Increased sales for them......

On the other hand ,this is where the 30 days money back would benefit with the higher priced pillow. Being more expensive doesnt guarantee comfort.......

I think most people change pillows when they are no longer as comfortable or supportive.Its an individual thing I think.

Craig and QVC have a vested interest in encouraging us us to think we must change our pillows more regularly.Increased sales for them......

On the other hand ,this is where the 30 days money back would benefit with the higher priced pillow. Being more expensive doesnt guarantee comfort.......

I buy my memory foam pillows from Home Bargains. IIRC, they are around a tenner each.
Even though I do use pillow protectors I do find that I need to change them every year.

Maybe I should be going for a more expensive one to see if they last longer?

I have a small hard memory foam one underneath and then a firm normal pillow over the top. This adds up to 1.5 pillows in depth and has been perfect. Years ago I slept with 0 pillows and have slowly moved up to the present setup.

I have a small hard memory foam one underneath and then a firm normal pillow over the top. This adds up to 1.5 pillows in depth and has been perfect. Years ago I slept with 0 pillows and have slowly moved up to the present setup.
I do the same, I have a memory foam one underneath and a feather and down pillow on top, I can mould my feather and down pillow to suit me and it will always shake back fluffy.

Latest posts

Back