Pilates TSV 26h April

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi

Have any of the super sleuths managed to find out what this may be yet? I am seriously thinking of trying a new regime (I say new - any routine would be good!)

For those of you that have the machine do you really need to purchase the stand or does it work as good without?

Thank you in advance for any help

Hi Minomac!
The stand is not an essential part and you can easily get a lot of good long-term use with it without the stand, or potentially it is something to build up to once you have advanced far enough.

That said, it might be part of the tsv! Last year they had the machine, a couple of dvds and free postage (I think!)...if they are really going to push the boat out this year, I wonder what will be included in the tsv!

Just read Julia's blog...it looks like the tsv is going to be an updated and larger aero machine:

April 24, 2009

Tone up for summer with our Pilates TSV
Hi there,

I hope you've been enjoying the sunshine wherever you are. It's been glorious here and for the first time this year bare arms and legs are appearing - mine included! As a former dancer, I've always been very concious about staying toned, so I was delighted when I discovered Pilates through QVC.

I remember the first ever show I did with Marjoleine Brugman, and honestly I wasn't totally convinced that Pilates was for me, but because she's in such fantastic shape I persevered and within three weeks I was hooked! I've never been a fan of doing hundreds of sit-ups or repetitions to create bulky muscles, so Pilates is perfect as it's based on improving your core strength.

Although it's hailed as a 'modern' exercise routine, it was actually developed in 1928 by Joseph Pilates for the rehabilitation of injured dancers and athletes. The Today's Special Value we have coming up on Sunday is an adaptation of the original 'reformer' created by Joseph Pilates.

Our latest Pilates Aero machine will help to keep you strong and supple, plus it has the brilliant addition of the larger cardio board - a kind of mini trampoline which you rebound against while lying down, keeping your core muscles constantly engaged throughout the exercise. It's also a fab cardio workout for your heart and lungs. The moving platform on this new model is also slightly wider, so it'll be really comfy to use.

If you play tennis, badminton, golf or any other one-sided sport, or if you want to tone up for a special occasion, holiday or just to look better in your summer clothes, then join me for the launch at midnight and into the wee small hours of Sunday 26th April!

Have to go now - my Pilates machine is calling!

Love,
Julia. xx.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/julia_roberts/?nonqiclink

Tsv details

AeroPilates 4695 4 Corded Machine with Extra Large Bed & Cardio Board
Item Number: 432338
QVC Price £385.00
Today's Special Value Price £321.14
Availability In stock
UK P&P £22.95

Help improve your flexibility, body alignment and core strength with this Pilates Aero 4695 machine. You can now give your entire body a complete workout thanks to the four resistance cords, an extra-large cardio board for rebounding and larger bed for comfort. The cords allow for different levels of exercise, and it also a wider foot rest for better positioning. It measures about 208cm x 83cm (82" x 33") when in use. You'll also receive two Marjolien Brugman training DVDs and a wall chart to get you started. Maximum user weight: 136kg (300lbs).

POSSIBLE EASY PAYS OF: 2X £160.57

Thanks for this! I've been checking their site all day and couldn't find anything. I don't know how you do it!

Have to try and justify the price to hubby now!

Been telling hubby all week that there is a Pilates tsv. He is seems to be selectively hard of hearing though:rolleyes:

I want to upgrade and this machine sounds perfect.

Would like this but out of my price range. Will keep checking on ebay for some previous disgruntled qvc customers.

I think there is a cheeper one - have a look at qvc online. I think it has less cords, but I haven't used four cords yet.

I think there is a cheeper one - have a look at qvc online. I think it has less cords, but I haven't used four cords yet.

Most of the 3 cord machines are not as wide too. that is one of the ways they cut down the price.
I am tempted by this machine as I would like a machine with the risers but I cant justify the money.

I have osteoarthritis in spine. GP has recommended mobility exercises, but gently. Would this be any good for me.

Pauline xx

Hi Pauline,
it sounds like Pilates will be perfect for you, but to be safe, I would suggest putting it on hold and making some calls tomorrow. I think the fact that there is some resistance (as opposed to mat based pilates) it may help your condition...but it would be wise to check with an expert! One thing to be aware of is when putting it together it is heavy and it would be wise to have someone to help you putting it together. Best of luck and hope you find something that works!

I have osteoarthritis in spine. GP has recommended mobility exercises, but gently. Would this be any good for me.

Pauline xx

Marjolein has a website with a pilates exercise forum on it. It might be worth you joining it and asking members there if anybody else has similar problems to you, and how they get on with their machine. www.lighterliving.com

It sounds as if the gentle 10 minute warm up would be ideal for you, and you could take it from there at your own pace.

I really love my machine, it's the only form of exercise that has kept me interested for over the past two years, and it can be very gentle or quite strong depending on which exercises you do, and how many cords you have.

Ive really enjoyed this one, Pilates works well for me

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I wasn't very happy with Julian this morning. I was watching the Pilates show and when he mentioned that they would love to receive some texts if you didn't want to phone in, I thought I would do just that, and text a query I've had ever since I bought my Pilates machine about a year ago. One of the queries being that I haven't been able to use it properly as I don't know how long the hand cords should be (and a couple more queries).

So I waited for Julian to give out the QVC text number, as I've never text them before, and he didn't! Neither did the number appear at the bottom of the screen as it usually does. I was not a happy bunny as I really wanted Marjolein to anser my query so that I can use the machine properly. :25:

I believe that the straps you put your hands through should be about four inches beyond the foam shoulder rests, towards the foot bar.

I would like to buy some of the "fluufy" handles - mine have started to wear thin. Anyone know where? Thank you.

Latest posts

Back