Pickbuster Home Security Solution Twin Pack Package

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
I have just switched over to QVC and saw the back-end of a presentation on the Pickbuster Home Security Solution Twin Pack Package:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx?app=detail&params=item^558204,tpl^uk,sc^,cc^,from^,navlist^554420*558204*559102*560264*,cm_scid^24hr

I was pretty surprised to hear that this product is being sold as a security product with the view that without it, locks become gradually damaged due to wear and tear.

What they did not mention until the last 5 seconds of the presentation (and is not mentioned on the website at all) is that this does not work with mortice locks (most insurance companies recommend a five lever mortice lock on your front door) and besides this I have never ever ever ever heard of the need for a product like this to arm yourself against intruders.

I know QVC are a shopping channel, but their tactics for selling products can be a little suspect and when it comes to spreading fear and paranoia, probably amongst quite isolated individuals it becomes totally unethical in my opinon...

thanks for the links worrier...it all seems totally absurd to me....being able to post on this website is great to discuss what is shown and how it is presented and it helps to add some clarity and facts to the sales pitch...however, there are a lot of qvc viewers who will believe the sales pitch, especially when it is presented in such a grave way as this product was. i cannot believe this is a widespread phenomenon and i hope that there will not be too many viewers worrying about this kind of thing happening. hope to see the product in last clicks very soon!

thanks for the links worrier...it all seems totally absurd to me....being able to post on this website is great to discuss what is shown and how it is presented and it helps to add some clarity and facts to the sales pitch...however, there are a lot of qvc viewers who will believe the sales pitch, especially when it is presented in such a grave way as this product was. i cannot believe this is a widespread phenomenon and i hope that there will not be too many viewers worrying about this kind of thing happening. hope to see the product in last clicks very soon!

Just look on You Tube its easy to make you own bump key, is it worth it i dunno, but it does look very easy to do !

Seems it does

More low-tech methods of preventing lock bumping include spraying the lock with WD-40. In theory, the lubricant, normally used on squeaky door hinges, make the pins inside the lock slippery. The pins then move more freely and may not make the lock entirely bump proof, but will take longer to open with a bump key. The thought is then that the criminal becomes impatient or tired of trying the lock and moves on.

Latest posts

Back